27 - Revived

Sara pov:

The sense of uneasiness that had settled in me ever since Obito san and I had returned from our short excursion two weeks ago had not diminished in the slightest. I had been sensing a sort of animosity from Zetsu, more from the black half than the white, and his stares had started to feel uncomfortable. Sadly, the strange ability to hear peoples' thoughts had not graced me again after hearing of Black Zetsu's plan to revive Kaguya, so I was all the more wary of him and what he was planning.

Well, the ability had surfaced once when with Obito san on one of his short visits to the hideout in the midst of his preparation for the war, though I had only heard of some battle preparations and nothing of his personal matters.

Speaking of Obito san, he had warmed up to me after the unguarded moment he had expressed when I had given him a hug. He was kinder and less scrutinizing of me in the way he eyed me and spoke with me. His company was now pleasant, one that I had come to enjoy because I felt a sort of sibling connection with him. Perhaps it was because he was an Uchiha, or because he carried an oddly innocent vibe similar to Shuuji. Considering his wish to wage war, one would not find anything innocent about him, but there was a feeling that he had merely lost his way because of all that he had had to go through, and wasn't inherently a bad person. Words couldn't reach him now, so nothing could be done to change his mind in the matter of the war.

That aside, my meetings with Kabuto did not change. We met every now and then to spare small talk to pass the time. Although, it was only me who needed to pass the time. Kabuto usually had many things to do but was kind enough to spare some time for me as well, so that I wouldn't get bored being by myself.

"You're beginning to get annoying." White Zetsu's voice broke me from my thoughts and had me looking away from the curry I was preparing for my lunch.

"I don't think I've done anything to annoy you, Zetsu," I replied, meeting his yellow eyes. "I don't even bother you for my meals anymore."

"Your constant interaction with Obito and Kabuto is unnecessary, yet you won't stop," he said. "You're treading dangerous waters."

"I don't see what's got you so concerned. I'm quite certain that you're always listening in on what we speak about, considering the fact that you can morph into the walls and floor and I can't sense you because of that, and I don't think I've spoken anything that you should be worried about," I retorted with a slight frown.

"Obito has been acting strange since he returned from your little picnic. What did you say to him?"

Zetsu was speaking of how Obito san had mellowed in his attitude towards me. I suppose it was something that he would be wary about but it hadn't changed Obito san's goal, so Zetsu didn't have to be this scrutinizing of me over it.

"I didn't particularly say anything to him. I guess he just trusts me more now, since I didn't try to punch him in the face and escape when he gave me the chance to," I answered with a shrug and went back to stirring the curry.

"No, you are upsetting everything. Your presence is an obstacle." His words now had me tensing.

"Obstacle? Saying that is a bit too much, isn't it? I've been rather cooperative and silent. You're speaking as if you don't want me to be here when you've made it clear that you intend to use my chakra during the war," I stated, looking back at him.

"This war will happen with or without your chakra. We can't risk your interference that could create problems in the war though," he replied, his voice going even lower than what it already was.

"So, what do you intend to do? Are you going to lock me up somewhere? Or-"

My eyes went wide and a gasp escaped my lips as Zetsu lunged at me before I could complete my question. He grabbed me by the throat and slammed my back onto the floor of the cave while he hovered over me. I grabbed his wrist in my hand, immediately trying to pry them off me in vain.