1 - Busy Days

Sara pov:

"Add Mrs. Carmel to the list, Ando. We need to send in her order by tomorrow. I assume they're progressing as we agreed."

"They'll be ready on time, Sara," my assistant said, a fine young man who had passed out of management school with a gold medal. This job was meant for him, seeing as it needed much effort and he was only willing to put in more. Dates and deadlines had to be kept track of, orders had to be kept track of, and hundreds of clients had to be remembered. He had to be on par with me in everything except decision-making.

"Excellent. When is the inspection?" I stepped into the elevator, my five inch designer heels clacking against the floor.

"Seven in the evening. Masaru said he will bring in the items to your office, all packed."

"And my schedule for the rest of the day?" I asked.

"You're meeting with a new client at 11:30 after handing over Mr. Lambert's order. Then there's a lunch meeting with the managers – they want to discuss the offer and discount proposals for the spring sale. You have some free time after lunch and then Osawa san will be coming in at four to show you the updated spring season catalogue he's been working on," listed Ando, looking through the neatly filled out diary in his hands.

"I hope Osawa has come up with some good deigns this time. I don't want to have to rework on the catalogue like I did last year," I muttered.

A ding and the elevator voice signaled us of our arrival on the shop floor. We were greeted by a glamorous bustle when the doors opened, men and women of all ages scanning the numerous sections of the shop stacked with jewelry and trending accessories for people of all ages. With tweaks in materials and make technology, I had been able to design accessories that people from almost all economic backgrounds could afford. It was my belief that everyone deserved good quality fashionwear.

Of course, it was obvious that what we offered to the richer was of more expensive materials and much finer craftsmanship but I didn't allow compromise on quality and durability. Even the simplest of accessories were made to near-perfection. This was the standard I had achieved after putting in more than three quarters of all my profits back into the company – solely because happy customers was my first priority.

"What's this month's customer count?" I asked, sparing a bow to one of the shoppers. She seemed to be in high school, bright and sprightly, shopping for delicate bracelets. She smiled wide to show me her pearly whites, excited to see me and even rushed over for an autograph.

"It's increased by two percent," answered Ando while I signed in the girl's book. "Most of them seem to be high schoolers who shop in Category D. We've had more sales in that category than we've had in Category S."

"Isn't that interesting?" I mused, making a mental note to look into the details of Category D and see if any tweaks could be made to further popularize the items we had for sale in that range.

"Thank you, Miss Sara," the girl chirped and scuttled back to shopping.

I then made a beeline for my office and took a seat at my desk. I looked through the paper mail then my email. I had received several promotional mail and two meeting requests. One was for the wedding of a government official's daughter that would happen in four months - it was, obviously, an order that I would accept as it would bring in quite a profit.

"Well, more business," I mumbled. I then had Ando take note of the two new meeting requests and set up the meetings in any empty slots in my schedule this week.

The rest of the day was a blur. I was as busy as every other day and exhausted by the end. I was euphoric when it was time to head home and hit the pillow after a good meal. Closing my eyes, I leaned back in the back seat of the office car. I hoped to get a power nap and recharge so I would have enough energy to cook something light for my dinner before I turned in.