5 - Home

Sara pov:

"Thank you for your continued help, Sara sama," said Hanami san as she shifted the bin of chakra-filled crystals.

"You're welcome. I'm just glad that I am able to be of help to you all, and that not many return with grave injuries anymore," I replied.

Just as I had said, being protected by my chakra and having become stronger with it in their possession, those of the Senju Clan who went out to fight often returned with no more than scrapes and bruises. The death toll had significantly reduced,  though there were always a few every now and then because of fights that were very intense or lasted longer than how much my chakra could be used. Though the size of the crystals and the amount of chakra infused in them had nearly doubled for most, it was sometimes still not entirely enough protection against those of the Uchiha Clan.

"We are very grateful, Sara sama. If not for your arrival and cooperation, we would still be losing many of our loved ones, even the children. Though it is the way of the world, it is nice to have more positive hope than wait for news of demise," said Hanami san.

Children who barely understood the meaning of conflict and had barely begun their lives were sent out to war, their hearts filled with hatred towards people they didn't know, solely because of the reason that they were from different clans. I had always adored children and it had made me speak with the children of the Senju Clan on several occasions. However, they seemed so mature, as if they were adults already. It was saddening that they had been stripped of innocence and their childhood, as well as the open-mindedness to look for a future of cooperation and peace.

I suppose not all were like that though. Hashirama san had confessed his wish for an alliance between clans so the war and fighting and suffering would end. The same he could not be said about Tobirama san though,  at least in the matter of certain clans. The latter had not mentioned any clan specifically but his words were more than enough to understand that he did not trust or like certain clans that Hashirama san probably wished to have an alliance with.

"Sara sama," Juro san spoke whilst approaching me, "I received word that Hashirama sama wishes to speak with you. I'll escort you to him."

"Alright," I agreed with a nod. "Then, please excuse me, Hanami san."

With a bow to her, I followed Juro san out and to a building next to Hashirama san's residence - it was the official office and meeting room of the clan when they needed to discuss matters of the war. Hashirama san was by himself, surprisingly, and he welcomed me cheerfully like always.

"I thought you would be in a meeting," I said and took a seat at his desk when he motioned me to

"I was, until a few minutes ago. It was quite an intense one, too," he answered.

"Is it another critical battle?" I asked. I didn't like critical battles because many returned injured, some even gravely, and there was almost always a few casualties as well.