20 - Target Missed

Sara pov:

I was woken from deep sleep by the feel of Madara nipping at the skin of my upper back, tickling me in the process. A shiver ran down my spine, too, though it was also from feeling cold as a very light breeze went over my exposed arms and shoulders. With a soft groan, I turned so I was facing Madara and I snuggled into his bare chest while bringing the blanket up to my ears.

Madara did not allow me to fall asleep again, only taking a hold of my jaw to tilt my head up, so he could kiss me. Still half asleep, I parted my lips lazily in response. I was woken up to an extent when I felt his hand run down my back sensually.

 I was woken up to an extent when I felt his hand run down my back sensually

Somehow breaking from the kiss, I said, "Madara, no more."

I was certain that it had been barely an hour since I had fallen asleep, exhausted unlike him who seemed to have a lot of energy to spare still. I was incredibly sore, with almost no energy to even lift a finger.

"Madara, I really can't," I mumbled, but groaned as he gently bit down on my shoulder and it roused butterflies in my stomach.

Being really tired though, I could not remain awake under Madara's gestures and quickly feel asleep, still wrapped in his arms. When I awoke, which I assumed to be only a couple of hours later, rendering me still sleepy and tired, Madara was not next to me. I sat up with a soft wince, clutching the blanket to my chest, only to notice that Madara was in the room standing a little away from the mattress and putting on his gloves. It seemed that he had showered and was ready to head out to the battlefield, for he had his weapons pouch strapped to his waist along with a katana, and his gunbai was against the wall next to him.

 It seemed that he had showered and was ready to head out to the battlefield, for he had his weapons pouch strapped to his waist along with a katana, and his gunbai was against the wall next to him

"You're awake?" he said, upon looking at me. Feeling shy, I held the blanket tighter while a blush rose to my cheeks.

"Um, yes, good morning," I mumbled, squirming slightly under the intense way he was watching me.

A small smirk came to his lips but it did not reach his eyes. Having put on his gloves, he approached me and crouched in front of me. I kept my eyes averted, for I was flustered, my heart racing at the heat I could feel from his body at this proximity. I wished to close the gap and lean into his strong, broad, muscular chest, but didn't.