16 - Love

Madara pov:

The silence in the room was irksome, all the more because Sara had not said anything after I had kissed her and she had responded, though not as wholeheartedly as me. While I considered the possibility of her harboring the desire to be with me as I wanted her to, her halfheartedness had left me immensely frustrated.

I looked to her as she sat on the floor a little away from me, nervous with her eyes on the floor. Her face was still flushed, her lips mildly reddened from the kiss, and the mark on the skin of her shoulder bright, screaming to the world that she was mine.

This thirst that had stirred in me when Sara had looked at the damn Senju had only been getting more and more out of hand since. While I had resisted, suppressed it even, not wanting to show any sort of weakness, I had not been able to control it after that damn prince tried to make a move on her. Not only was I furious that it was an attempt to take away our asset, I was also furious that someone other than me dared to try and claim her.

Hearing her sing right before that scrawny prince had proposed to her had made my desire burn the strongest I had ever felt before. As such, to remain in control, I had drank far too much sake than usual. Instead, it had affected my rational thinking and I had threatened the prince before kissing Sara. Though it was a primal instinct, a momentary lapse of judgment, it had drove me past the limit. I had not been able to stop from devouring her lips that tasted sweet and were as soft as flower buds.

It was at that moment that her petite physique had been more obvious to me, just as it had been moments ago, her waist so small that just two third of my arm was enough to wrap around it. In fact, she fit rather snugly in my embrace, as if I was a shield around her, blocking out everything else of the world and she was mine alone. Her touch and grip were soft, like that of a young child's, and even the slightest contact of her soft, supple skin had me craving for more and feeling increasingly possessive with an intense, burning desire to make her mine completely.

Never before had I craved for something this much, so much so that I could barely get Sara out of my mind. But the fact that she was sitting so silently now while avoiding my gaze infuriated me. I was certain that she had been compliant solely because she was still afraid of me.

But if it was fear that would ensure that she would be mine, so be it. I would be ruthless to get what I wanted.

She noticeably tensed when I stood. I put on a shirt and then turned to look at her to say, "Get up."

She stood and I stepped to her. The fear in her made her step back as I approached her until her back met with the wall and I was just a foot from her. There was nervousness apparent in her eyes that were looking at any place besides me. Yet again, I felt annoyed.

"It seems your still fear me," I hissed through my teeth.

She finally looked up to meet my eyes that I had involuntarily activated my Sharingan in. She tensed again but fear was visible only for a split second. It was quickly replaced by fluster along with the blush to her cheeks darkening. She averted her eyes almost as quickly as she has met mine, seeming to cower against the wall.

"Look at me, damn it!" I snapped, having had enough of her avoidance. I felt disrespected, humiliated to be treated this way after having wanted her as a woman. "Are you still so afraid of me that you're cowering now?"

"I'm not afraid, Madara sama," she answered, her voice soft. She gazed into my eyes, the blush lingering on her face, though not as dark as before. "And I'm not cowering."

"Oh? Then why are you avoiding me? Why do you look like you detest being near me?" I challenged.

"I'm just flustered," she said, looking to the side while chewing on her bottom lip. It was provocative, and had me looking at her lips that I wished to nearly devour again. "Madara sama, if I may ask, what am I to make of your actions?"