8 - Prisoner

Sara pov:

A deep sigh left me as I stood in the middle of the room I had just been dropped of in by Madara sama, that was being guarded by four shinobi on his command. While I had expected to be treated less hospitably than when in the Senju Compound, I had not expected to be treated this roughly, and even have my life threatened. I suppose living with the Uchiha Clan was not going to be a smooth ride, and surely I would not be allowed to return to my world every now and then anymore.

"Things have got complicated," I mumbled to myself, while caressing my left shoulder that ached from how Madara sama had grabbed it moments earlier.

With a shake of my head, I stepped to the window to open it, only to cringe at the sharp stare I caught from one of the clansmen guarding me, or rather, keeping tabs on me. He was not hiding the fact that I was suspicious to him and his red eyes were nearly glowing. Uncomfortable under his gaze, I shut the window with another sigh. Seeing that I had nothing else to do at the moment, I sat down on the floor and just gazed around the plain room with my thoughts wandering.

The first thing that came to mind was what I had noticed about the eyes of the clansmen. While all that I had met personally in the short while had red eyes, some of them had ebony eyes as dark as the night sky. What was more, the leader, Madara sama's eyes appeared to be rather strange when I had seen them up close - most of the cornea was red but there was a black pattern to it, too. It was unusual seeing a pattern on the cornea. But when I thought about it, I guessed that it perhaps had something to do with the bloodline trait that I had been told about in general by Hashirama san. I'm almost sure he had mentioned the name of the bloodline limit but I didn't reneged it. I did not know the ability the Uchiha Clan possessed, though I was sure that I would find out about it in time.

Besides that, the people here, too, were bigger than me in physique. The clothes I was wearing now were women's clothing, and the smallest size available, but they were still loose. While I was glad that I had been given a t-shirt of sorts to wear, I had to constantly adjust it so it didn't slip off my shoulders to show too much of my skin - well, what was considered as too much exposure in this world, at least. The trousers, too, were a bit loose, and I had tucked the waist portion a bit to keep it from falling. The length was alright though, and I was glad for that.

Judging from the position of the sun, it was the afternoon, only a little past 12. I had had a long day packed with a lot of excitement that had made me both hungry and tired. A soft growl came from my stomach at the thought of food. I glanced at the door, a bit uncomfortable at the thought of speaking with anyone of this clan for obvious reasons, but it would be inevitable because I would be here a while. Besides, it wasn't like I was doing anything wrong, and I was usually a calm and confident person.

I got up from the floor and stepped to the door to knock on it. It was unlocked from the outside to reveal the man Madara sama had addressed as Ushiro. Frowning slightly, he asked, "What is it?"

"May I have something to eat? I'm a bit hungry," I said.

"I will have it arranged," he responded curtly and shut the door in my face and locked it again.

Well, wasn't he charming?

With a shake of my head, I spoke in hopes that he would hear me, "Thank you."

Food was brought to me quite quickly. It consisted of rice, smoked fish, and a small bowl of seasoned vegetables. I thanked Fuyuki san for the meal after she had introduced herself on my request. She wasn't as cold to me as the others had been - she smiled and seemed lighthearted but remained a bit reserved and cautious, too. Whatever the case, it was nice to know that there surely were a few who wouldn't be mean to me like most. Then again, it wasn't right for me to judge everyone right now, despite how steely they had been with me from the very first moment. With time, hopefully, they would come to find my company pleasant and trustworthy enough.