24 - Akatsuki

Early update! Yay! ^^

~~~~~~~~~

Yamato pov:

It was fascinating to watch as Sara san sketch the village's skyline whilst gazing out of the window. While she usually seemed to enjoy sketching jewelry, as it had been described about her in books, it seemed that she was good at sketching other things too. She already had quite a collection of sketches of the village and flowers and scenery.

"You're really good at this, Sara san," I said. She paused her sketching and met my gaze with a smile that reached her eyes. It roused warmth on my cheeks, for she looked radiant.

"Thank you, Yamato san," she replied

"Thank you, Yamato san," she replied. "Sketching has always been a hobby of mine since I was young, so I guess I've got quite a bit of practice to be able to draw like this. There are people who are even better than me though."

"You're being modest, Sara san," I said with a laugh.

"Not at all, I'm being truthful."

Days had rolled by, making it close to a month since Sara san had come here and began living with me. She was different from what I had expected her to be - there was no description of what kind of person she was in the books that recorded her appearance in the past, though Tsunade sama had mentioned that her grandfather, Shodaime sama had spoken fondly of her. With the kind of power she possessed, I and few of the others who knew of her identity thought that she would be arrogant, but she was not the slightest of that. She was warm and friendly, and someone easily likeable. She was headstrong and confident though, carrying the air of it around her when she spoke to anyone.

She did, however, seem sad from the moment she had come here. Kakashi senpai had said that it was because she was shocked by the major time slip but it did not seem to be so simple to me. It was obvious that she missed the people of the past that she had been with, more than she could express to anyone of this time period. After all, I had witnessed how forlorn she had been on the day she had arrived here, especially when she had sang such sad words whilst standing in the balcony. It was not my intention to eavesdrop but it was hard not to hear when it was right next to my room window. It was followed by her crying for quite a while, soft sobs being heard.

Though she did not appear as sad as before, she didn't seem entirely cheerful either even though she seemed like someone who would be all smiles all the time.

My wish to not overstep boundaries had prevented me from asking her anything of it, even though I was tempted to think that she had something beyond friendship with either Shodaime sama or Nidaime sama. It was rude to question about one's personal life, so I had quelled my unnecessary curiosity.

The past aside, I had come to see Sara san as a good friend, one of the very few I had, and I hoped that she considered me a good friend too.

"What would you like to have for dinner tonight, Sara san?" I asked, having put down the book I was reading while I sat next to her.