25 - Plans

Obito pov:

"Is that what Madara really plans to do?" Sara asked, having heard most of what Madara planned to do upon his resurrection.

Though skeptical, I had revealed Madara's life when I met him before he detached himself from the Gedo Statue, and spoke of the plan of his resurrection using Pain's Gedo Rinne-Tensei jutsu so he could forcefully bring true peace to the world. I had not told her the details of the Moon's Eye plan though, for I did not trust her despite Madara seeming to be trustful enough of her. It was all the more so because despite being trustful of Sara, he also seemed bitter and angry whenever she was mentioned.

Madara had not revealed much about Sara, definitely not enough for me to be able to fool her into thinking that I was him. She spoke his name so casually, and it had me wondering why she did not seem afraid of him like the rest of the world. The mere mention of his name had people trembling, after all, but this girl was only curious and anticipating and oddly sad.

What's more, she said that she could sense Madara very easily, meaning that she had sensed my chakra very easily too, despite me having kept it at the bare minimum. She was a good sensor, it seemed, and that fact was one thing that Madara had not informed me about.

"It seems that you were on good terms with Madara, to be speaking of him so informally," I spoke, interrupting her train of thought.

"I suppose," she answered, wary of me as I was of her.

"What was your connection to Madara besides aiding the Uchiha when you were with them?" I questioned. I, too, wanted answers. My expression was clear enough for her to understand that.

She did not seem too keen to answer me. For a moment, I wondered if I should use my Sharingan on her but I decided against at when her expression turned forlorn. Her gaze was on the floor and her eyes were distant, oddly reminding me of emotions I had every now and then while thinking of Rin. It was odd that I found similarities in the expression at all, but was no longer surprised by it when she answered my question.

"Madara and I were lovers." Her voice was soft, pained. "I assume he was angry with me though, and perhaps even felt betrayed."

"Why do your say that?" I questioned.

"Because I suddenly disappeared on him after promising that I would always be by his side. I disappeared during a time that was difficult for him," she answered. She appeared to be feeling very guilty, her eyes welling with tears that did not fall. I did not know what she meant by difficult time, for I had not seen any weakness in Madara besides what came with natural aging despite him being more than a hundred years old at the time I met him.

"What is the use of now regretting what you did? If you were so intent on being with him, you shouldn't have left," I said with a scoff. She had probably been halfhearted in her words and emotions, deceitful like all the others of this cursed Shinobi World.

"I didn't leave because I wanted to. It just happened all of a sudden, and no amount of my chakra and no number of attempts to return worked. I was in my world for nine months and I had nearly given up the possible coming here until one day it suddenly happened. Unfortunately, more than a century had passed here." Then, shaking her head, she added, "That doesn't matter now. When is Madara going to be revived?"

"Soon." Considering how things were progressing, he would be revived only after the war commenced. And it would be soon that I declared war against the Five Great Nations.