29 - Developments

Madara pov:

I was more than annoyed by how long it was taking to deal with these rodents who stood in the way of my plan of the Infinite Tsukuyomi. It was the Kyuubi Jinchurki brat who was being the most annoying though, because he was so persistent.

Well, I suppose their attempts to stop us had been appreciable. It was quite a sight to see shinobi of all the Five Nations working together to try and put down the Jyuubi. It was a sight I never imagined to see in this wretched world where villages were always at each other's throats. But with the Jyuubi slowly maturing to its final form with every minute that passed, they were only stalling the inevitable.

Of course, just as the Jyuubi matured, controlling it was more difficult and needed more effort, though it was not something that was too challenging for me. The first onslaught we sent through the Jyuubi caused massive explosions in multiple places, surely destroying several villages and killing the sorry lot of people that inhabited them. We also took care of the communication team that was responsible for relaying messages to all the shinobi fighting - it was a rudimentary measure in the war but effective nonetheless.

However, Obito had become a bit of a troublemaker, it seemed. He had been acting smart, thinking that I was under his mercy because of the Rinne-Tensei jutsu. I had decided to let him play around for a while now, even bringing such misery to the shinobi fighting against the Jyuubi, before taking matters into my hands. It was responded by the Uzumaki kid distributing the Kyuubi's chakra to everyone on the battlefield so they could fight with more gusto against us - well, it was entertaining enough while it lasted.

Things were not going exactly as I had envisioned them, for Obito seemed to want to become the Jinchurki of the Jyuubi himself. It was obvious that Obito had plans of his own, as Kabuto had said earlier. Obito was doing what he wanted, taking control and ownership of my plans. It wasn't going to be too much trouble dealing with him though, drawing the Jyuubi out of him and sealing it within myself once I was truly alive with blood pumping through my veins.

While Obito dealt with the Allied Shinobi Force for now, I enjoyed a good battle with Hashirama. It was nostalgic fighting him, and exhilarating, because I did not hold back my chakra or power in the slightest, and neither did he. We fought wildly, rendering the shinobi around us awed by our prowess. They had spoken amongst each other in astonishment of how their ancestors had always fought, that they were not even close to what we were capable of. As expected, the shinobi of this time were quite pathetic.

[A/n: Smexy Madara (⁄ ⁄>⁄ω⁄<⁄ ⁄) Just look at that smirk! My heart is exploding! Kyaahh!!]

That aside, Hashirama was insistent on interrupting our fight to help deal with Obito but I had refused it, all the more because I was letting Obito clear up the little obstacles before the Infinite Tsukuyomi was actually executed.

It was soon that Obito summoned the God Tree, and it rose to the skies with the flower still as a bud. We had just about fifteen minutes before it bloomed and it's core would reflect the Rinne-Sharingan on the moon that would, in turn, cast the Genjutsu on the entire world. But Obito was weak-hearted and had been easily manipulated by Naruto to give up on the Moon's Eye plan, to lose his will to continue fighting and dealing with the weaklings that stood in the way of the plan. I did not know what they spoke about before Obito fell, the nine bijuu being extracted from him one by one - which I had to thank Naruto for because he had saved me the trouble of doing it myself - but it had resulted in Obito partially ruining the plan that we had taken so long and so much effort to prepare for.