14 - Wedding

This chapter is dedicated to -MULANDI! Happy reading! ^^

~~~~~~~~~~

Sara pov:

The arrangement and procession of the royal wedding was beautiful. Being the first time to witness a wedding in such extravagance, I could barely bring myself to blink in fear of missing the slightest detail. The princess was beautiful, a light blush upon her cheeks during the whole ceremony, and the prince of the neighboring village she was marrying was dashing, confident and prideful as he looked upon his wife-to-be.

The emperor, empress and Prince Akihito were also dressed grandly in traditional attire, and they were the center of attention.

As a wedding token, I had been gifted with a beautiful kimono that I had worn with the help of a maid - it was uncommon for me to dress traditionally considering my line of work, and I had almost always had help to wear one. The obi was the most difficult part for me, and was actually the only part I needed help with. The maid had also done my hair and adorned it with fresh flowers from the garden.

"Is this so interesting to you?" I heard Madara sama ask from beside me. He looked rather bored, scowling while he watched the wedding. Despite his disinterest, he had dressed up appropriately for the occasion - he wore a kimono, though of the same dark blue as his other clothes were.

 Despite his disinterest, he had dressed up appropriately for the occasion - he wore a kimono, though of the same dark blue as his other clothes were

"Of course!" I chimed. "I think that a wedding is a magical moment when a man and a woman pledge their entirety to each other. And those two look adorable together."

"Hn," he muttered, closing his eyes. 

I smiled with a shake of my head at that. I focused on the wedding again and took the liberty to get some pictures with my cellphone. These were definitely moments I wanted to remember. I put away my cellphone before it got any unwanted attention though.

Most of the morning went by busy with the ceremony followed by the bride and groom exchanging sake. The others gathered were served sake, too, and it was thoroughly enjoyed, even by Madara sama and Izuna sama. They held their liquor well - though their faces were flushed from the alcohol, they weren't drunken idiots like several others around us. In fact, most of the Uchiha seemed to hold their liquor well - that or they didn't drink enough to become drunken idiots.

"The guests may present their gifts to the new couple," announced an attendant. Expensive gifts were given by everyone, including Madara sama and Izuna sama, abd the latter also presented them with a contract the ensured extended protection from the Uchiha Clan. I felt a little embarrassed for not having anything to give, so I decided to at least show courtesy with one thing that I was decently good at - singing.

"Um," I spoke up, and all attention was on me, "I apologize for not bringing a gift but I would like to dedicate a song to His Majesty and the princess. Would that be alright?"