[22]-Please avoid conflicts

Start from the beginning

"Oh hush, don't bother, did he like it by the way,?" she asked, excitedly.

This girl was always excited don't know for what reason but I am glad she is not like me, plain boring.

I wish I could be like her, chirpy and full of life.

"Yes, he did, all thanks to you," I said and she gave me a full blown smile.

"So, how was the meeting?" she asked.

Sighing I said, "It went well, I guess."

"Your response sounds fishy. Let me guess, was it because of Shreyas Malhotra?" she asked.

"You know him?" I asked her, surprised.

"Oh girl everyone here knows what a douche he is. Adarsh sir and Shreyas Malhotra are like arch rivals. His father though is a kind hearted man," she said.

"Oh," I said.

"Yup, seems he is not very happy with his son's tactics of running business and he even threatened to disown him but since he is the only son, they can't do it. Who will handle Malhotra's empire then?" she said while I listened to her carefully.

"So, he doesn't like his son much?" I asked.

I was trying to absorb as much information as possible that she was filling me with.

"I guess he doesn't. Sophia, I have heard a lot of nasty stories about him. I don't know if they are true or just rumors but I would suggest you to stay away from him. You know how these big shots are, rich spoilt brat," she said making a face.

"Not all of them are rich spoilt brat. Look at Adarsh sir, for instance," I said quickly.

"Oh girl, you are totally fangirling on him. I know how difficult it is to resist someone as charming as him," she said and winked at me while I chuckled.

"I am not fangirling on him, I am just stating what is the truth, moreover even Akash sir is not rich spoilt brat," I said.

"You know Sophia, I feel like both the Sharma brothers are to die for," she said and I smiled.

Just then I saw Adarsh sir proceeding to his cabin.

He opened the door to his cabin and I looked at Riddhi to see her looking in the same direction as me.

"I'll give him his coffee," I said and she nodded.

Proceeding to his cabin, I entered it but made sure not to make any sound.

I saw him on the recliner and his eyes closed.

Should I come back later?

I looked at my watch and saw that it was my time to exit the office and I know mom must be waiting for me but even he needed someone, I think.

So quickly sending a text to my mom, I proceeded to his recliner and kept my hands on his shoulder and he opened his eyes.

When he saw me, his face split into a wide grin and I smiled.

Retreating my hand, I kept the coffee mug in my hands on the table and said, "Your coffee."

He smiled and said, "You didn't go home yet? Your mother must be waiting for you."

"Yes but I wanted to stay," I said.

"Why?" he asked, sipping from his mug.

"I wanted to make sure that you are alright," I said.

Sighing, he massaged his temples and said, "I am fine Sophia, you don't have to worry about me."

"Your PA isn't worrying about you, it's your friend who is worried about you," I said.