chap 49 Why we were destined!

Advitya POV

"One of you can meet the patient. She is conscious now". Nurse came out from the room with the announcement.

Niti didn't wait and stormed into the room.
I saw Arjun. He smiled to me faintly.
He took a steps and sat beside me.

"Don't mind Niti! She wouldn't stop even if i try to stop her". I said.

"No it's ok". I mumbled.

"You can go afterwards". He said.

I nodded.

There was a silence for few seconds.

"I failed her. I am failed as a husband. I am sorry". I said while resting my head on the bench support.

"I don't think you failed her! You saved her. You saved her from humiliation. You made her strong. She has gained confidence. It is just..we failed her." He replied.

I looked in his direction. I saw him clenching his jaw and fist.

"Adhya came to our locality when she was 5 year old. I was 7 at that time. She was so cute and adorable. I always protected the way i protected Niti. We grew up together. Then when she turned 14 , i insisted uncle , her father , to admit her in our school. He agreed. Adhya was a brilliant in academics. She was instantly liked by all teachers. She was a topper in class 10th board. We were very happy". He paused.. "Rohan this guy, he was my best friend." He clenched his jaw.

"Your best friend."? I asked.

"Yaa. He was a topper too. Once he said he liked Adhya. I warned her not to think anything like that about her. He then said he didn't mean that he love her but he wanted to be friends with her. I didn't know his intentions." He took a deep breath.

"On my mediation Adhya and Rahul become friends. Rohan used to help him in her studies. Then one fine day Rohan invited us in his birthday party. Rohan was among class 12th toppers. So he threw a big party. I assured uncle that i will look after Adhya. She believed me but i failed her.
That day Rohan insulted Adhya for her appearance. Because she wears glasses at that time. The way she talk. He said how come a girl become apple eye of every teacher. I didn't know he hold so much grudge for Adhya. Adhya was embarassed. I tried to stop him but his other friends took s hold on me. They threw me out of the gate. I immediately ran to pco and dialled uncle's number. I narrated whole incident. He came on the location in minutes. When we reached there, Adhya was fully drenched in swimming pool and everyone was laughing on her. Uncle stormed inside and slapped Rahul. I immediately went towards adhya. I gave her hand. She took my hand and came out of swimming pool. But failed to walk as she was fainted. I screamed and called uncle. He saw us he lifted Adhya and we rushed to the hospital."
"Adhya was unconscious for 3 days. Uncle aunty were really depressed. Uncle informed the school authority. He used his powers, Rohan didn't get admission in any college. Uncle too took transfer to another city and we childhood friends were separated just like that". He wiped his tears.

"You .. you didn't let her drown. You saved her Advitya. The all new confidence i see in her is because of you. That's why you are her perfect partner". He paused.
"You know my mom wanted me to marry Adhya. I too have developed some affinity towards her in the tender age. That day when she was taken to the hospital, uncle said he was disappointed with me. I hated my myself for not able to protect her. I lost the chance to be her future partner". He completed his sentence.

"Do you still".....

"No no .. as a friend, i like her but you deserve to be her partner, lover, husband, everything". He said.

"Do you really think "? I asked.

"Yes.. he replied with a smile.

"And i have a girlfriend !!, Adhya knew about her". He winked to me and patted my back lightly.