Episode 37 "The Boy in the Time Capsule" Part 2

Começar do início

Temp and I are back at the lab as we entered Angie's workspace as Temp says, "Could you call up Terry Stinson from the Foothill yearbook?" Angie nods, "Mm-hmm." She types the name in as the image pops up. "Track team, Vice President of the Student Council, runner up for Mr. Popularity." I look trying to figure out where she was reading that from as I ask, "Where does it say that?" "It's the type, sweetie. He's Mr. Second Best. It's kind of like when you want Brad Pitt, and you get Matthew Mcconnaughey." I chuckle a bit as Temp says, "Pull up the photo of his son, Alex." I then add, "Alex Stinson shows three classic examples of Mendelian inheritance. A cheek dimple on the left side, cleft chin and detached earlobes." Angie nods, "Distinct facial features. Wide-set eyes asymmetrical nostrils." Temp adds, "Just like his dad." I nod as Angie says, "It's nothing like his dad." Temp and I look at Angie as she starts catching up what we are suggesting, "Oh, boy." I nod, "Could you please replace Terry Stinson with Roger Dillon?"

Angie quickly puts up a picture of Roger and compares both pictures showing a match between the two as Angie says, "Oh, boy. 20 years ago, Terry Stinson finds out that Roger Dillon has sex with his girlfriend." Temp adds, "And he kills him." I nod as the three of us looked at each other at this discovery. I then say, "I'll let Ranger know so he could call the couple up to the FBI quarters." They nod as I step to the side and make the call.

Temp and I were with Booth and the Stinson couple as we asked for him to take a DNA test. "Of course we'll take a DNA test." Booth then says, "You realize in a murder investigation, we can't rule anything out." Temp then asks, "Did you know that it was possible that Alex was not your biological son" "What?" He looked confused as he then looks at his wife as she looks down in shame as he asks her, "Is it possible?" Booth also asks, "Is it?" She sighs, "Can I answer that after the DNA test? I guess I just did." Booth then points at Mr. Stinson, "So you didn't know?" Mrs. Stinson shakes her head, "Terry didn't know." Temp then says, "Alex was born on January 7, 1988."

Mr. Stinson then says, "I don't believe this. That means you were pregnant in the spring already. You just wanted me to believe that the baby was mine?" "No, no. I wanted... the baby inside me to be yours." "I don't get this. Roger-what... but he was... Why did you sleep with Roger?" "He was sweet. He was... I knew he was nuts about me. I liked feeling special. Let's face it, Terry, back then, you were that guy." "What guy?" "The guy who did anything he wanted. You didn't need me. Roger, he came over that day. He came through the swamp. He was filthy. His father had just beaten him up..." Booth asks, "Mrs. Stinson, did you tell Roger that he had gotten you pregnant?" "Yes. He wanted to marry me. He said he could get the money for us to go away together but I told him, I didn't want to. I was back with you by then. Only you."

Mr. Stinson was shocked, "Why didn't you tell me?" "When I told you I was pregnant, you were so happy. That's when I knew that you loved me. That you weren't 'that guy.' We could have a great life together and we did." I decided to pop in, "I'm sorry. I had to borrow one of your pictures." Booth then adds, "You stole that. What do you think happened to Roger?" "I don't know. He had the money. He was never happy here. I figured that he just took off by himself. I am so sorry. I always wanted to tell you the truth, but I just... I just couldn't figure out how to tell you that Alex wasn't yours." We watched as Mr. Stinson picks up the photo and looks at it. "Alex is my son. We are a family." I smile a bit seeing that he still wouldn't change his mind on his view about his son as that love was still there for him even when he was lied to.

It was already night as I was drinking some coffee in Temps office as Sweets was in there as well. I sat on the couch as he walks back and forth explaining. "Well, the murder happened at night on a high school playing field, not a likely place to find adults. Plus, teenagers are dominated by their ids, which make them act irrationally. Physiologically, their judgement's impaired by an incomplete frontal lobe. " Booth then asks, "You're what, 22, right? How's your frontal lobe? Almost there?" I nudge Booth, "Ranger, he and I are the same age... that kind of irritated me too." "Don't worry Blueberry yours is developed differently." I was confused as Sweets says, "Again, a hectoring tone. I..." Booth cuts him off, "All right, look, I'm sorry, just keep going."