30. I Got This.

My forehead felt fuzzy I tried to rub the itch off but it didn't work. I was forced to open my eyes because of the constant irritation and when I do... it's not an insect or my hair. It's his eyes unmoving and focused. On me. We are no longer in the hallway to his apartment. 

I'm in his bed and just then I realize it's getting hard to breathe and it has nothing to do with the fact that I am in bed with a sexy af guy well, not entirely. But it has everything to do with the bralette of my saree. I'm still in my saree and god knows how I ever fell asleep in it. 

The material of the neck of the clothing was digging into my skin and leaving very less for the imagination. The thought made me feel warm and shy. I look up to see him watching me like a hawk his expression hard to decipher. 

I sigh and push myself back to rest my back against the headrest. "I have to get out of this." I look at him and I finally see something in his empty eyes as if he just realise I was up and about. He shook his head and blinked his eyes looking down at his lap and then looked at me nodding. 

I follow him to the walk-in closet and watch him collect a pair of joggers and a tee. He hands me those and guides me to the bathroom. 

"I've been here before you don't have to give me a tour." He just nods and stood there like a lost puppy. 

"Vikram!" He looks at me blinking still looking lost. "I have to take a bath?" I talk to him as if he were a Five-year-old. He nods and turns the nob setting the temperature. 

What the hell! 

"Privacy! I meant privacy." He looked at me and does nothing to leave the bathroom. I sigh I shouldn't panic and maybe this was his sort of way to deal with things but now it was getting scary. He wasn't responding to anything I tried calling his name softly but nothing. All I was getting was empty, clueless glances. 

I feel annoyance and frustration building up. I get into the shower strip and my body gets some much-needed air. I sigh in relief. 

I put on his clothes after a quick shower and rush out to find him still in his place. I walk towards him slowly stopping only when my arms are around his chest and my face was hidden in the crook of his neck. I had to stand on my tippy toes to get into that position but he quickly holds me supporting most of my weight which had me immediately relaxing and melting in his arms. 

"Are we going to talk about the elephant in the room?"

His arm around my waist tightened his hand resting at the base of my bosom. His other hand rubbed soothing circles on my scalp. If we kept at this for any longer I'd fall asleep. 

"Your mother sent food and your meds." I sigh in relief. Finally, he was here although the first thing he said was very...mundane. But at this point, I was desperate enough to take anything he gave.

I pull back and nod he takes my hand and takes me to the breakfast table. We ate in silence and then he hands me those meds. I have an instant urge to puke out the breakfast. 

I shake my head looking at those innocent-looking colorful pills in his hand. His hand... it was full of bruises. I look around to find the apartment looking bare of any artifacts or vases or even the fucking chairs of the dining table. 

"What the hell happened in there?" I am still looking around imagining what possibly could have gotten over him to cause such havoc in here that his apartment was now practically empty. 

I stood up to inspect his hands when I heard him take an agitated breath in and snatched his hand from mine and held it in his hands his movements were way more gentle now. 

"What the... how did you manage to do this." He has the nerve to be angry. But it made me smile I just shake my head and look at my hand. It looked ugly with my palm and the back of it turning purple and swollen.