26. Malhotra Brothers

"Break you." I chuckled wiping my lips with the back of my hand I shifted my shoulders back for I l needed all the energy in the world to do this. He wanted me to do it the right way I'll do it the right way. 

"Leave." There. Nothing happened for a good few moments. If our hearts were made of glass there would have been a sound when I smashed them. 

But there wasn't it was quiet... so quiet I couldn't even hear him breathe. Until he broke the silence and the rest of what was left of us.

"I love you." Blood rushed in my ears but I did nothing. "I don't wish you to say it back, just wanted to make sure you knew." His eyes were now glassy he was fighting his goddamn tears but one of them was too stubborn to be confined. He did nothing to hide it from me neither did he wipe it away. 

"Funny isn't it out of all of those times when I would have killed for you to say any of those you did just now. I can not do this anymore, Vikram. I'm choosing myself this time. I think I should have a long time ago."

"Probably." He pushed himself away from the wall and picked up his keys. "I'll drop you home."

"I will manage." He nodded. 

I called Dhruv and asked him if he could pick me up. I sent him my location and moved my eyes from my phone to find out Vikram had left the room. 

I made my way to the hotel lobby. Dhruv was there waiting for me I left with me feeling eyes on the back of my head the whole time. I turned to look at the car that was following ours. It was Vikram's. This guy what does he wants from me. 

"He is making sure you are home. safe."

"I'm not his concern, not anymore. Even if he believes otherwise. Can we trick him I don't want to go home just yet and I believe he won't leave us alone until I'm home? I'll go in and then come out again in fifteen stay out of the guard's view while you wait. "

"One hell of a tyrant." 

"You agreed to be my big brother get me out of this mess now." He smiled biting his cheek. 

"Heavens forbid the day I did that..." He nodded solemnly making us both chuckle. 

We executed our plan as planned. I left the car and waited at the window of my bedroom to wait for Vikram to leave. Which he did after a few minutes I left the car and tada I was free. 

Hope I felt free too. That's what we are always gonna be right? 'Almost.'

"Where are we going?" 

"You will see." It felt wrong. Couldn't exactly place my finger at what but something was terribly wrong. Well other than the fact that I had finally pushed him away. Maybe I was just being paranoid. I trusted Dhruv but did I trust him more than I should trust a person I have met less than a good few times. 

"I don't think I like being in the dark dear brother how about I drive."

"We are here." He pulled over near a decent-looking residence building. 

"Your place?" I looked at the building. It didn't look like somewhere a multi-millionaire would live but I followed him nonetheless despite my heart doing all the flip-flops. Before I could chicken out and turn to my way back home the lift doors opened and we entered his apartment. It looked better than it did on the outside. Like most of the places in delhi.

Huge french windows in the living room with a balcony that looked like a dream with a white swing and all the greenery in the world. The plants were trimmed to perfection and the swing was impeccably white. The amount of light this apartment would have during the day. I loved it.