27. His lil girl

What?! You have got to be fucking kidding me. Babhi? Brothers? This guy was brothers with Vick--- I will kick his ass if he knew about this and didn't tell me. Which he clearly did how could he not? 

I paced to the first room with a door and slammed it shut. It felt nice but I had a lot more built-up frustration so I did it again. I opened it wide and slammed it close. I so wanted to do it again but thank god for whatever left sanity I still did have I did not.

I cannot take any more of these family secrets. I wished I had access to some sort of tranquilizer at the moment. Brothers? Fucking brothers? 

"You are brothers?" I held the knob with one hand in case I needed to return to the safety of my room... his room whatever the devil. 

"Didn't think you'd be done with the slam shut game so soon." He sipped his tea or whatever was there in that cup with no care in the world. Is it me or is he really acting weird today?

"For the love of God" I slammed the door shut again and scooted closer to him on the sofa. "Are you going to stick your pinky out too while you're at your sissy tea party?"

He dared to laugh. "Yes." I am sure I looked every bit horrified. "Not by blood though." He wasn't talking about the tea. He placed the cup down it was tea some sort of white tea. He gulped looking more serious than he did the whole time. "Mr. Malhotra, Vikram's grandfather adopted me and Pihu."

Pihu how could I forget about that particular character in this comedy that was my life now. Oh god damn it Adi the only time you had to be serious about a girl it had to be the one possibly playing us the whole time. 

"You Malhotras I despise the day you people...Your family is so set on making my life a mess and I like a fool was coping up with that. But by god, I sweat I won't play by the rules when it comes to people I care about."

"Speak in English woman." He squinted his eyes at me shaking his head. 

"Adi."

"What about him?"

"Pihu didn't tell you?"

"Nothing." He didn't like being kept in the dark well that's a Malhotra trait. "Mish is that bastard messing with my sister?"

"No! Your dear sister is fooling around with him. And he certainly is not the bastard in this case"

He growled. He made a sound from deep in his throat I thought only animals could manage. "Watch your mouth."

"Hurts doesn't it?" I tried my best to look not at all affected by the display of carnalism just a few moments ago. "So you better think twice about spouting shit about Adi I am not above returning the favor." 

 He crossed his legs his jaw grinding he muttered something. And then smiled at me. "Deal with this like adults?"

I returned the smile. "Preferably."

He began with a quick nod. "I need a beer for this one." He fetched himself one while got me a lemonade. "You can't drink."

"I don't drink," I said pressing on the 'don't'.  "Didn't you just have tea?"

He shrugged and opened the bottle anyway. Who am I to judge I love to dunk my cakes in my coffee. Everybody to their own. 

"Mr. Malhotra Vikram's grandfather picked me up from the streets. I lived in a slum and never knew my parents just had Pihu by my side. I don't even remember how we ended up together but somehow we did." He had a smile in his voice. 

Was I jealous?

No.

Okay, maybe a little bit. But in my defense, I am a single child and I've always wanted a brother.