1.Success Party

Black lehenga or the red gown? I look at the dresses laid out on the bed.

He likes me in ethnic, the lehnga it is. I chose a black backless one, he'd be so annoyed. I pinned my hair in a bun but then decided against it and decide to keep it down and straighten it out to get the creases out of my previous hairdo out.

My attire accentuated my curves as the skirt starts right below my navel and the top was modest and ended a few inches below my bust. I completed my look with a bindi a very small black one.

"Mish." Papa's deep voice reverberated, breaking my thoughts, I tapped on my forehead, such a daydreamer.

Blowing myself a kiss I give myself one last look.

"Coming, pa." I swiftly walked down to the car, parked outside. "Ready for the big day?" I straightened the lapels of his jacket, dusting imaginary dust off his shoulders. Who would say this man had a 25 year old daughter. He didn't look a day more than 40 and in his perfectly tailored tuxedo, he look impeccable.

"Do I have another option? You look beautiful ." Pa pecked my head, holding my face in his palms. I smiled at him shaking my head I was pretty sure he didn't even properly see what I was wearing. 

"You'd say that even if she gets a potato sack on, Mr. Roy." My mother piped in between. Looking ethereal in her, peach silk saree, hair in a bun, adorned in gajra. She looked like a typical Indian woman a really pretty one at that.
(A hair accessory, made out of flowers.)

"Indeed, she would, Mrs. Ashutosh Roy." Pa sneaked an arm around her shoulders. "She takes that from her mother." We chuckled, and mum playfully glared at pa. These two would put any young married couple to shame. But I was past the awkward stage... Guess it's just normal now.

At the party.

The flurry of reporters greets us at the entrance it was more like a group of teenage fangirls on Redbull if you ask me. Fucking way too excited for no reason. But nonetheless, I smile and don't answer any of their questions just smile at the few known faces among the crowd and move to get inside as Pa answers a few of their questions. I like my personal life personal and since I wasn't taking over in foreseeable future I had no reason to take their shit. Unlike Pa, I wasn't obliged to make any personal appearances and I liked it that way. 

It was your regular extravagant party with booze and champagne fountains. The tables filled with foreign cuisine with names that took me almost five dozen parties of me making fool of myself. It was all glitz and glam. Girls looked absolutely stunning in their guccis, Manish Malhotras and Sabyasachis and guys rocked their suits and tuxes.

Expensive colognes and the smell of imported flowers bring a smile to my face. I don't like being snapped and papped but I definitely like the attention I get when I enter the room. I feed off of it.

I know a it's bit too much but I like it when guys look at me and forget to look away or girls notice me in a way that made me feel... Lordly in some sense.  

Cocky much?

 Everyone was congratulating pa, for he won the 'Businessman of the Year' award. He thanked everyone with a formal smile a very fed up smile unlike me he abhorred attention.

At the same time, Mum stood by him like always. Making it more bearable for him to get through the party.

I stood in a corner looking for a certain someone. He must be with the planner. God! He likes to be in charge always. The guy needs to learn to take a break. I check out every corner but nope he is nowhere. 

"Hey." I turned to find Adi standing there, in a formal suit and my hands itched to correct the knot of his tie he had pulled on a million times by now. The man couldn't stand ties given the fact he had to spend all his life being in those.