Chapter 52🖤

My dad had came back after about a hour, he stormed into my room, holding a ice pack to him hand and stared at for a few minutes before my mom slid inside my room leaving him at the dooryway. She sat down on my bed, her tears causing her face to look red and blotchy.

"How could you have kept this from us Raven?" My mom asked softly, her body shaking as the tears roll down her cheeks.

"Because its not his fault momma." I said softly, hugging the pillow thats in my lap closer to my chest.

"Him being bipolar is no excuse for abusing you honey," my mother said quietly as she crawled up my bed, leaned against the headboard, and drew me into her arms. She cries as her body rocks against mine from the movement. "He could have killed you baby."

"No, mom," I said quietly, placing my arms around her body and hugging her close to me. "He has problem controlling his anger when he's off his medication, that's all."

"Raven. Stop honey. Stop making up excuses for him. His parents were not home but I told that boy if he came near you I would have him thrown in jail." My dad snarled out, walking towards my bed and sat on the edge, looking at me.

'Dad you cant do that! His staying on his medicine! His trying because he loves me!" I cried, pushing my crying mom away from me to stare at my dad.

"Im your father. I will do what I have to do in order to protect you Raven." He said softly. "Your grounded. You are only allowed to go to school and back and if I find out you are talking to Chase behind our backs Raven I swear to god."

"Dad please. I love him. He loves me." I cried, feeling my eyes flowing back up with tears, I did not think someone could cry so much.

"Love? Thats not love Raven. That boy does not love you! Thats now how love is shown-!" He growls, getting pissed off once again but my mom raises her hand and stopped us both from continuing.

"Thats enough Ronald. She understands. She wont see the boy anymore. Stop arguing with her. She has been through enough. Lets let her rest." My mom said, slowly leaning over and kisses my head. "Good night sweetie. Come get me if you want to talk okay? Your dad and I are not being mean. We are just worried and dont want anything to happen to our baby."

"Give me your phone." My dad said, holding his hand out to take it from me.

My phone?

I wanted to check on Chase.

"But dad I need it-" I cried out, my hand flying to my night stand, grabbing my phone and bringing it tight against my chest.

No.

"Your grounded. That means from that phone too. Im not stupid Raven. Give me the phone. I do not want you to talk to that boy." He growled out, reaching down, jerking the phone out of my hand. "I love you Raven." He said softly before walking out my bedroom.

"Mom I need my phone please. Ask dad to give it back to me." I begged her.

"I cant do that Raven. Get some rest. I love you baby." She whispered, climbing off my bed and followed my dad out the door leaving me alone.

What am I going to do now?

I need to talk to Chase.

I need to tell him that I know he did not mean for that to happen tonight, I know the drinks messed with his medicine, thats not his fault.

Leaning my head back against my pillow, sighing softly i closed my eyes. I cant believe my best friends betrayed me like this. The did not have to tell my parents. Chase is getting better for me because he loves me but they just couldn't or wouldn't understand.

How am I going to talk to Chase? I wish he would just come over tonight. Maybe I can sneak out to see him without my parents knowing. He is probably blowing up my phone right now trying to see if I am okay.

Suddenly my eyes pop open as I remember my lap top sitting on my desk in the corner, Chase and I are friends on Facebook. I can message him through there.

Yes.

Oh my god.

I can't believe I did not think about that before.

Slowly I swing my legs over the side of my bed, tip toeing quickly and softly to the door, I close it making sure the door doesn't make a loud sound when the lock clicks into place before hurring over to my desk, grabbing the lap top, pressing the power button on the way back towards my head.

Once the screen comes on, I quickly type in Facebook in the search bar to bring up my main page. Clicking on my messages, I hurry and find Chase's name, my heart skipping a beat when I see he still has one of our pictures as his profile picture.

Me- Chase...

I send the message and wait, I don't know when he will see it, I know he has the messenger app on his phone so it should pop up like a text message.

Chase- Raven. I'm so sorry baby. Please. I didn't mean to hit you again. God, I hate myself. I'm sorry. I won't ever drink again.

Chase- Why are you not texting me? Where is your phone?

My damn dad took it.

Me- My dad took my phone Chase. Kim and Sarah told my parents about what you were doing to me. They want me to leave you alone.

Chase- I know. Your father came to my house screaming and cursing. I tried to explain I did not mean to hurt you. I told him I am on my medicine and the alcohol fucked with it but he did not listen. He punched me and told me that he would call the cops on me if I went back around you.

Me- I'm sorry he punched you. He was very upset.

Chase- Your friends should have minded their own fucking business.

Me- Yeah...

Chase- Are you going to listen Raven? Are you going to leave me alone?

Me- I don't know Chase. I don't really have a choice...

Chase- Baby please don't. I'm getting better and that's because I have you. If I don't, I won't keep taking my medicine, Raven, I just know it. I will give up and the thoughts about killing myself will come back. Please. Don't. Help me baby. I love you so much. I'm nothing without you.

Me- I love you too Chase but I think it's best if we just stopped. My parents will not get off my back, I know them, and my dad is serious about going to the cops.

Chase- We don't have to tell anyone that we are back together. We can just sneak around for now, baby. Please, I need you with me, Raven. I don't want to kill myself.

Fuck.

What do I do?

I love him

He loves me.

I don't want him to give up on his life.

Me- Maybe. We will have to be careful though. Kim and Sarah will watch me at school.

Chase- Thank you baby. I love you so fucking much, Raven. Nobody will ever love you like I do.

I know.

Chase- No one will keep us apart, baby.