Chapter 12🖤

We spent the rest of the day watching romance movies because Kim said it would get me in the mood for tonight when I see Chase, which was ridiculous because people died on the Titanic but whatever keeps them quiet.

After about an hour into the movie, I excuse myself to use the restroom, but what I'm really doing is going through our junk drawer in search of a happy birthday card.

My mother keeps a lot of them because the nurses who work for her and my father always have birthdays, so it's easier to just pick one out of the drawer on the way to work.

The card isn't really a secret, but I know Kim and Sarah will tease me about it, which I don't want to hear, and I refuse to go to a birthday party without something to give to Chase.

A few minutes later, I discovered a simple blue card with a birthday cake on the front, Chase's favorite color, and simple enough to be for a male. I quickly write- Happy Birthday, Chase! I hope it was fantastic, and I rushed to put the card in my purse.

My phone vibrates in my back pocket just as I slip the card into my purse, causing a slow smile to form on my lips as I suspect it's from Chase.

As I quickly pull out my phone, I notice his name flashing in front of my screen, and my small smile expands into a big one.

Chase - A few of my friends have begun to arrive, but the one person I most want to see is still absent.🙁

Is he referring to Macy? Just thinking about it makes the smile on my lips fade, and I frown like that freaking emoji he sent.

Me - I'm sure she'll be there soon...

I realized I'd added those stupid dots after I hit the send button. Ugh, he'll think I'm upset, which I am, but he didn't need to know that!

The vibration from my phone inside my hands jolts me out of my ridiculous thoughts, nearly causing me to drop my phone on the floor.

Chase - When will she arrive?🥺

Me - I'm not sure Chase, why don't you just ask her that?

My mouth makes a loud huffing sound before I slip my phone into my back pocket and return to the living room with Kim and Sarah.

I'm about to turn the corner and walk into the room when my phone vibrates against my booty once more.

For a brief moment, I consider leaving him on delevered, but my feelings for this boy quickly cause me to pull my phone back out and remain behind the wall, not wanting Kim or Sarah to see me like this, as they will only feel bad for me.

Chase - I did, and she didn't respond to my question

Wait.. Was he referring to me? Craps on a cracker, I'm just going to ask instead of getting all worked up about it. He just needs to be straight forward.

Me - Chase, are you referring to me?

His texts appear in our messages a few seconds later.

Chase - Who else am I talking about, baby?😚

Oh goodness I don't think my heart can take this, I feel like it's wanting to jump out my chest with happiness.

Me - Oh, I thought maybe you meant Macy.

Shit, why did I send that? Crap crap crap now he is going to think I'm jealous which again I am but he doesn't need to know that.

Chase - What made you think that, baby?

What should I say now?

Me - Nothing Chase I'll be there when the party starts. I'm not going to miss your birthday party.

Chase - I'd like to know. Please tell me.🥺

Me - Chase it's nothing. I really don't want to talk about it. Just forget about it. I'm sorry for saying anything.

Why doesn't he just drop this conversation? It's extremely embarrassing.

Chase - If you don't tell me, I'll simply cancel my party.🙃

What the fuck? No, he can't to do that. Everyone will hate me, and he should have a birthday party.

Me - This is blackmail! 😭

Chase - It doesn't matter to me. Tell me or there will be no party.✋

Ugh. Let's just finish my humiliation, he wants to know so I'll just tell him then. I really don't want to fight with him.

Me - When we was at the mall yesterday Macy was there as well and stopped by our table while we was eating in the food court.

I send that because I don't want to write a whole freaking paragraph, according to Kim and Sarah boys hate reading long things.

Chase - What did she say?

Me - She baically told me not to go to your party. That you and her was about to start dating.

That's all I'm going to tell him, he doesn't need to know that other hurtful things she has told me.

Chase - 🤬

Chase - What the fuck? I never told that bitch I would date her. I prefer my girlfriend warm not cold like that bitch. I'll handle it. Nobody will be thinking her and I are getting together after tonight. The women I want most at my party is the one Im texting right now. You. 😍

Crap now I made him mad, I didn't want that to happen and not knowing what to say to that or if he is just leading me on I slip my phone into my pocket and walk into the living room plastering a fake smile on my face.