Chapter 9🖤

We spotted a lovely short blue dress with thin sleaves on top of my shoulder and a slit on the right side around an hour later.

Kim and Sarah insisted the dress was the one for me to wear, and I didn't feel like battling with them after the drama-filled day, so I paid $60 for it and rushed out of the mall before they could say anything else.

"Girls, what are we doing tonight?" Kim asked as Sarah is busily typing away on her phone, probably publishing all those images she took of us shopping today, and she even took a picture of me eating my hot dog, as we all hopped into the car.

That must have came out really flattering. Not.

"Let's stay at Ravens and watch some Law and Order SVU," Sarah says as she tucks her phone into her purse.

"Do we need to run to our houses for some clothes, or could we borrow some pajamas from Rav?" Sarah shouted as Kim asked, turning her head towards me "Keep your gaze fixed on the road. You're a horrible driver."

"That's fine. I have some for you to wear "I tell them, and Sarah's response makes me giggle.

"Why don't you drive yourself around then, Sar, if I'm so horrible?" Kim snaps, her tone betraying her inability to conceal her laughter.

"You know my father took my car away," Sarah grumbles, her wicked gaze falling on Kim.

"You speed, that's much worse," Kim quips, prompting Sarah to stick her tongue out at her.

"Well, I'll have my car back soon, and I'll be driving myself," Sarah grunts as the rain begins to fall and raising up her window.

"Even if you do, you'll be texting us to ride with you," Kim smirks as she pulls into my driveway and kills the car.

"I'll just go out and meet new friends-" Sarah begins to respond, but Kim interrupts her.

"You won't, because nobody will look after your drunk ass like Raven and I do," Kim replies, confident that she has proven her point.

Sarah isn't a horrible drunk, she simply loves to have a good time, which we don't mind taking care of her and she understands that, but getting a drunk Sarah to leave a party can be a struggle at times, especially if a cute boys involved.

"Yeah, whatever Kim, let's get out of this car before the rain gets any worse than it already is," Sarah grumbles as she grabs her handbag preparing to run for my front door.

"You know she's right, Sar," I chuckle as I grab the bag in which my dress is stored and make sure it's securely closed inside my palm.

"Hush up," Sarah yells, but then winks at me, making the yell unnecessary.

"You know how much I adore you girls," Kim chuckles as she spreads out her arms and pulls Sarah and me into a tight hug until we both beg for air.

About a little over an hour later we showered, changed into our pajamas sharing a bowl of popcorn and wishing Olivia and Elliot would get together already. We have been watching this TV show for years now and nothing that happens on this show will make us unship our favorite detectives.

"You ready for tomorrow night, Raven?" As a commercial interrupts our TV show, Kim questions.

"If you mean am I ready to have a good time with my besties, then hell yes," I answer, clapping my hands as if I had no idea what she was really asking me.

"You know that's not what she meant," Sarah adds, tossing popcorn at my face, which bounces off my forehead.

My phone dings from my nightstand a few seconds later, indicating that I have a new text message. Perplexed and curious as to who is texting me this late, I lean over Kim and grab my phone.

Unknown - Did you happen to find a dress today?

"Whos phone number is this?" After handing them my phone and showing them the unknown phone number, I ask Kim and Sarah.

"I have no idea," Kim adds as she examines my phone more closely.

Sarah murmurs, "Text them back and just ask who they are."

Me- Who is this?

A new text message comes through nearly instantly.

Unknown- It's Chase pretty girl

"Oh, my goodness! It's Chase, y'all!" I can't control the squeal that escapes my throat, when I realize he's texting me.