Chapter 22🖤

I had gym class right after lunch and for once I'm thankful for being excused from running the field thanks to my asthma. I was recently pulled from playing baseball because having Doctor parents they follow whatever health rule they can when it's about me.

I actually enjoyed playing baseball with Kim, we been playing since we was real little but one day it was just too hot outside and I couldn't breathe.

That was it, one game and I was out.

I couldn't talk my parents into letting me play anymore, they wouldn't hear anything I had to say about it. That actually earned them the silent treatment for a week.

Yes, that's right a week.

I went a week without saying one word to either of my parents.

They left me alone to throw my teenage tantrum, but they never relented.

My grandmother had even tried her best, but as I said they wouldn't budge which is why I would spend alot of my time with my grandmother after school.

I'm watching as everyone runs around the football field when I hear my phone starting to vibrate inside my book bag. I quickly pull it out squinting my eyes from the sun to see that it's a text message from Chase.

A small smile starts to form on my lips as I take my time opening his message and read it.

Chase- Baby, you coming to my practice today?

Football practice?

That doesn't end till late in the evening, I usually like to make sure my homework is done and I like to give myself plenty of time to be able to study for upcoming test but I guess I could stay for this one if he really wants me to.

Me- I can baby😘

Chase- It's starts at 4pm. Make sure your in the stands before we come out. I want my girl to watch me. Make me better my plays😏

Me- I'll try my best, I usually meet with Sarah and Kim.

Chase- What for?

What does he mean what for?

Umm, to talk about our day obviously. I know he does the same with his friends so why is it even a question that I do it with mine.

Me- Talk about our day.

I sigh, Chase is so sweet and adorable but he gets in these little moods, and I have to learn how to handle him. I definitely do not want to lose the one boy I have been crushing on for years just because of our mix communication.

Chase- Well you can cut that short for your boyfriend right? That's what good girlfriends do Raven and you want to be a good girlfriend to me don't you?

What the heck?

How can he even ask me that!

Of course I do, I start to feel my eyes filling up with tears and I quickly swipe my hand under my eye to catch the falling tear. My throat feels like it's closing inside me, and my hearts pounding.

I don't want to lose him, I just don't.

I can't, I waited so long.

Quickly I send him another text when I hear coach blowing the whistle telling us to go get cleaned up and changed out of our gym clothes.

Me- Of course I want to be a good girlfriend Chase. Don't even ask that. I'm sorry your right. I will let them know I'm coming to your practice.

Standing from the bleaches, I start to slowly climb down the steps and follow the girls slowly behind towards the girls locker room.

Chase- That's my baby girl. See you after practice 😘

I have so many emotions running through me that, I don't even know what to reply back. I have to start doing better eles I will end up losing him.

I mean it's not like I actually know what I'm doing, I never had a boyfriend before. He is my first one and I have to learn how to think about my boyfriends feelings and wishes besides my own.

Me- 😘

I leave it at that and shove my phone back into my bag when I see Sarah and Kim waiting for me at the locker room door.

"You okay?" Kim asked me as soon as I'm in hearing distance of her and Sarah.

I wish I could tell them about the conversation I just had just Chase, but I can't. He doesn't want me to. That's the hardest part I never keep anything from my two bestfriends but on this I can't tell them anything.

"Of course, I just got a bit hot" I mumble quietly as I walk through the door.

"You have your inhaler?" Sarah askes me with a look of concern on her face.

My poor bestie.

I'm lying to them and they are just worried about me.

I quickly pull a fake smile nod my head before reaching my hands out and pulling them inside behind me.

"My parents would ground me if I forgot it" I fake a giggle as we start to get undressed from our gym clothes.