Chapter 39🖤

The next morning I made sure to wake up before Kim and Sarah and rushed into the bedroom, checked myself out in the mirror and noticed bright angry marks covering my neck and that they were already turning into a bright purple bruise.

Fuck.

How am I going to hide this?

I quickly start digging into my makeup bag looking for the darkiest foundation that I have until I finally spot one several shades darker than my skin tone before slowly appliing a decent amount on my neck. I made sure to sleep with the covers up to my neck the whole night so Kim and Sarah wouldn't see it when they woke up and I soon as my eyes opened I jumped out of bed.

The make-up will fade after a few hours, I'm going to have to wear a scarf to school tomorrow, good thing that it's starting to be chilly other wise if I have a hard time pulling it off but I'm also going to have to wear something today so that my parents won't see it. I just have to cover it for a few hours until they leave for work.

I could wear a pullover and just say that I woke up cold.

Yeah. That's what I will do.

Once I'm finished covering Chase's finger marks around my neck with as much make-up as I could, I quickly but quite towards my closet pushing some of my clothes over until I see my jackets and pull the first one off the hanger just as Kim starts to stir. I quickly turn my self around so that she can't see anything before pulling it over my body, flipping my hair out of the hood part and turning around towards my bed.

"Morning." I mumbled out.

"Morning. Dang, we must have all passed out early. How did the ending go? They caught the rapist?" Kim asked while raising her hands above her head, stretching her body out.

I have no clue because I did not watch the end, I went outside to see Chase but I don't want to tell her that in case she feels like I ditched her and Sarah.

"Girl, I fell asleep myself. I have no idea." I giggled out, hearing it sounding fake to my own ears but I forced a smile on my lips.

"Dang, I will have to watch it tonight then." Sarah groans, as she pulls her self up out the bed.

"Morning sleepy head." Kim and I said at the same time, Sarah is definitely not a morning type of person. She is always so fussy until she gets some food in her belly.

"Yeah, yeah." She grunts out while bringing her hands to her hair, pulling her pony tail out before shaking her hair out. "I hate falling asleep like that. I always wake up with a headache."

"Are you cold Rave?" Kim asked me, moving her eyes down my body seeing me wearing my hoodie.

"Yeah, I woke up feeling chilly." I said, and wrapped my arms around my stomach to play it off.

"If you're already cold now, you're going to freeze once winter fully hits.

Technically she is right. It's actually just October now, in fact it's only a few days left till Halloween.

"Halloween is coming up." I mumbled out, changing the subject.

"We should match our costumes." Sarah screeched out, clapping her hands together.

"We do that every year already. I don't know why you suggest that every year knowing we been doing this years." Kim groans, letting her self fall back onto the bed, throwing a hand over her face.

"I know, but we can all pretend to be Detectives this year. Wouldn't that be fun? We haven't done that yet." Sarah said before jumping out of my bed, taking off her pajamas and changes into a blue shirt and some blue jean skirt.

"Yeah, I guess we can do that." Kim, sighs giving up.

"Sure. Whatever yall want I'm good with. Let's go see what my parents made for breakfast I'm starving." I tell them.

"Oh god, yes. I need some food in my life." Sarah groans before skipping out of my bedroom, leaving behind Kim to slowly climb out the bed and get dressed herself.

A few minutes later we are all three digging into the grilled cheese my mom made us for breakfast.

"How was the sleep over?" My mom asked, as she sat down to eat her own sandwich.

"Good mom. We watched TV, ate some unhealthy food and crashed out." I told her with a soft smile, I did not out right lie, we did watch TV and we did snack.

"What time did Chase leave yesterday, Raven?" My dad, I asked.

"Chase came over?" Kim asked right after, my dad.

"You did not tell us." Sarah said hurt flashing over her face, it makes me feel bad because I never kept things from them before it was just when they got here I just wanted to get my mind off of me and Chase for a bit.

"He left a little while before they got here, and no, we did not go upstairs." I told my dad before, turning to Kim and Sarah."Yes, he came over. He wanted to spend time together and I didn't tell yall because I just wanted to hang, not talk about my relationship. It was our sleep over." I told them softly, hoping they will buy what I just said when granted you're supposed to talk about boys at sleep overs. I just find it best not to bring up Chase more than I have to so that I do not also have to lie to my friends and my parents more than I have to.

"Raven, are you getting sick, honey?" My mom asked her face full of concern, as she eyed my pullover.

Goodness.

"No mom, I just woke up a little cold is all. What's with all the questions? Our food is getting cold." I giggled out before shoving a bite of toasted bread, and melted cheese into my mouth.