Fighting Demons

Izuku opened his eyes and felt his surroundings. The ground had the texture of freshly made pavement. It was solid, yet Izuku could feel the presence of gas. He stood up and tried to feel around for any walls. He walked for several minutes, only to be greeted by open air.

"I-Is anyone here?!" He called out.

"Z...u....h...p...m..." He heard a faint voice. It sounded muffled, panicked, even.

He walked towards where he thought he heard the sound.

"Zuzu! Help me!!" He could hear them now, it was Pup!

"Pup?! Sweetie, where are you?!"

"Help me!! I'm here!!"

He heard her voice coming from the left. He ran towards it and tripped. The ground manipulated itself and started to drag Izuku to where Pup was.

"Zuzu!! Make it stop!!" Pup struggled to break herself free.

"I'll get you out of here! Grab my hand!"

Pup took Izuku's hand and held on tight. Izuku flapped his wings and tried to make some wind strong enough to push the entity back. Eventually, after much struggle, he freed both him and Pup. He ran away, holding her in his arms. She, admittedly, felt a lot bigger and heavier.

"Thank you, Zuzu!" Pup hugged his neck.

"You're welcome, sweet pea. You're alive! You really are alive!" Izuku started to cry.

"Of course I am! I'm a big girl now!"

"Right you are, Pup. You feel a lot bigger than when I last held you."

"I had a growth spurt!" She flexed her still quite thin arms.

"That's amazing. Now, we need to get out of here."

"I've looked everywhere... But, when the monster found me, it started to come after me!! I've walked for HOURSSSS..." She groaned.

"Aw, you poor thing. Well, I'm sure we'll get out of here in no time. I just need to find out where I'm going..."

"Trespassers! TRESPASSERS!! You will DIE for this foolishness!!" A loud booming voice shouted.

"Eek!! Zuzu that's the mean scary guy!"

"Calm down sweetie, we'll get this sorted out! Show yourself, whoever you are!"

"Foolish, FOOOISH!! You don't know what you children are dealing with!"

Izuku felt a familiarity in that voice. No, he KNEW that voice.

"King... Alexander...?" He muttered.

"Wh--! That name means nothing to me! That name deserves to be forgotten, LIKE ME!"

"What?! You weren't forgotten! Queen Juno has been worried sick since you've went missing!"

"Lies! LIES!! She would have found me by now! And if she did, she wouldn't want me now!"

"That's not true! Ever since you've been missing, Queen Juno has been tirelessly working to find you! She would still love you!"

"Even if I looked like the ENEMY?! I'm a phosphoren now! There's no redemption for the likes of me!"

"Even if that was true, Queen Juno has veen making an effort to befriend those who want change! You want change, right?!"

"Yeah! Zuzu's right! You can be good, sir! You just have to let yourself change!"

"Even if I wanted to, some fool activated my form, and turned me into this!"

Izuku looked to the side and had a guilty expression.