Till Death Do Us Part

Izuku's P.O.V.

It's funny... It boggles my mind how the people you thought would be the nicest people, always have a bad side. It's crazy how... you make the smallest mistake... it could cost your life. All I had to do... was say "yes", and I would have lived.

It happened all the way back, in our first year of middle school. Kacchan gave me a note to meet him at the bridge that connected two parts of the city. It was... weird... He never wanted to hang out with me once I was confirmed quirkless. I shrugged it off. Maybe he wanted to bond again, and possibly be friends!

I met him at 6:30pm, exactly when the letter said to. I saw him waiting, and sighed before walking up.

"Kacchan!" I called out.

"Finally, nerd. You're here." His voice was soft for once.

"I- I saw the note, a- and I wanted to know what you had to say!"

"... Deku... I... I like you!"

"E- Eh..?"

"I've liked you since we were in elementary school. I want you to go out with me!"

"K-Kacchan... This is very sudden! I-I don't know how to feel."

"Please! I know I was an ass, but I'll change for you! I've never wanted anything more than to be with you!" He feel to his knees, in a begging position.

"I- I... No, Kacchan! I'm sorry, I don't feel the same!"

"What...?"

"I said no! I'm not comfortable being with you after everything you've done! I don't like you that way!"

"N-No...! You're supposed to say yes, stupid Deku! You're supposed to love me, then we get married!" He got onto his feet, and cornering me against the edge of the bridge.

"K-Kacchan, stop! You're scaring me! We can still be friends!"

"I'm doing SO MUCH for you right now! I'm the only person who would ever like you because you're useless! If I can't have your heart, THEN WHO WILL?!"

The last thing I remember was calling off the bridge after Kacchan's quirk went off. He screamed out something I could not hear, my ears were ringing. I reached out, but no one was there to take my hand. Then the feeling of freezing water hit my skin, then nothing.

"And that's how I died." I finished, brushing through her hair.

"That's so sad, Zuzu! That Kacchan guy sounds so mean!" She turned over to face me.

"I'm not mad anymore. We were both young and stupid. I mean... maybe it was for the best. I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without a quirk. Now, I get to live here with you."

I combed my fingers through her hair, giving a small sigh.

"Do you think Kacchan regrets what he did?"

"Maybe... How about we go take a walk? Your hair is done anyways!"

"Yaya! Mama said that the cloud beasts were going to be gathering!"