The First Day, Kinda?

Izuku and Kitsune spent the entire weekend recovering. Recovery girl did her best to try to reverse whatever Izuku did to them, but her quirk was useless. She couldn't do much about Izuku's blindness, other than giving him a white cane.

"Recovery girl... can I be left alone with these two?" Aizawa asked.

"Of course..." She left the room.

"Now, you two missed a lot in the month you were gone." He started.

"Please don't tell me we have to do something to make it up... like community service..." Kitsune begged.

"Seeing as you two have... changed... both physically and somewhat mentally, you absences were excused. You won't have to make up anything, and any missing assignments or hero work have been voided."

"Does that mean...?"

"Yes... You two can still be students. However, we need to keep you two together for safety reasons. So, you two will be in my class."

"Wait... I'M IN 1-A?!"

"Yes... Now quit shouting. After you two were captured, the school issued a lockdown. Every student now has dorms, and so will you. While everyone is in class, you two can set up your dorms. You will be back in class tomorrow."

"This is great, Izu! You get to see everyone, and I get to join the best class in the school!"

"The best...?"

"Duh! Cause you're in it!"

"Oh shut up!" Izuku chuckled.

.  .  .

"Okay... that's the last bag. You ready to go catch the bus?"

"A-Almost... These boxes of stuff are... really... heavy!!"

"Here, I got it." Kitsune effortlessly added the box onto his other boxes of things.

"Thanks... it was really nice of Nezu to give us some money to decorate our rooms. Atleast it won't be just a matress and desk!"

"Yep. Hey, we got a couple thousand yen left, what do you wanna spend it on?"

"...Boba?"

"Boba."

.  .  .

"Woww! You're room looks amazing, Kitsune!" Izuku looked around.

"Thanks! I think the purple is a nice touch."

"Hey, what's the hook for?"

"... Well, it was gonna be where my mask would hang, but... I lost it after the training camp fiasco."

"Oh... I'm sorry, Kitsu. I know you really loved that."

"Yeah... Hey, did you just call me Kitsu?!"

"SHUT UP!!"

.  .  .

Aizawa walked through the door after the morning bell rang. The class was ready, yet they felt uneasy still. Uraraka looked at the empty seek Izuku used to sit in.

"Alright, class. I have some announcements to make. Now, I know  things have been stressful for all of you, so... this news should relieve some stress."

On cue, two students walked through. Students gasped at their appearances. Izuku looked down and messed with his sleeves. Kitsune wanted to be more "badass", so grabbed a pair of Present MIC's glasses.

"Students... these are the... 'new students', though they might be more familiar than you think."

Aizawa nodded at the two, letting them know to introduce themselves.

"U-Uh... Hell... Hello... I'm... um... Hello, I'm uh... I'm uh..."

"Sup guys!" Kitsune interrupted. "You can call us, Kitsune and Izu: Reborn! We escaped the villains, tackled foes! We escaped WYOMING!"

Almost everyone's mouth fell to the floor. Uraraka stood up and walked to the front of the class. She shakily stood in front of the new Izuku.

"I-Izu...? Is that... you?"

"Yeah... Hey, Ura..."

"IZU!" She hugged him. "I've been so worried!! We've been looking for you two for weeks! I was so scared..."

"I missed you, too, Ura..." Izuku hugged back.

"Midori!" Iida and Tokoroki ran up and joined in the hug.

"We missed you..." Todoroki admitted.

"We've all missed your presence!" Ioda exclaimed.

"I missed you all, too..." Izu sniffed.

"Look at you, Izu! You've uh... changed!" Uraraka pointed out.

"Yep... Blind, and mostly powerless. The only power I know about rigut now is that I can control wind. Other than that... I'm no better than any civilian..." Izuku smiled, hiding his sadness.

"Don't say that, Izu! You're still at special as everyone here!" Uraraka tried to cheer him up.

"Thanks, Ura... Oh, um... this is... this is Kitsune. Though, you've already met them."

"Wow! He's changed just as much as you!"

"Mhm! I'm strong, can fly, and I got horns!! I'm like, a total badass!"

"Cool, man!" Denki commented from his desk.

"Wait!" Akari chimed in. "Does that mean Pup...?"

Akari's hope faded when Izuku showed a distraught face. He look defeated and tired. The boulder on his back kept adding tens of thousands of pebbles.

"I... I see..." Tears formed in her eyes.

"Pup is... no longer with us. The staff is allowing today to be used for grieving and reunion. You may all go back to the dorms." Aizawa announced.

Those who weren't too close to the three who went missing were the first to leave. Yozen and Akari were stuck in their desks. Akari broke down after half the class left.

"SHE'S GONE! I HATE THOSE VILLAINS! I HATE THEM SO MUCH!"

"... And that's why we're heroes." Kitsune started. "While I may have just started, I know why I'm a hero. I was a shitty person. I never thought that because of my past, that I could recover. But, I did, all because I tried. Pup was... a very close friend of all of you, including me. She may be gone, but she is not gone forever."

Everyone nodded in agreement. Akari whiped her tears and stood out of her desk.

"I think... I'm gonna be okay... I just wish that she didn't die so young..."

"We all do. Let's just keep our heads up and graduate for her. I know how much she wanted to see us become heroes." Iida consoled her.

Soon, the principal walked through the door.

"Midori, Kitsune... A guest is waiting for you."

"A guest?" They both asked.