Hero Names!

It was your normal afternoon, or as normal as you can call a class of people with mutations and quirks. Ura, Iida, Todoroki, and I were in our usual group. I couldn't help but glance at Pup as she listened to Yozen and his stories.

It didn't take long to learn today's activity. Pro Hero, Midnight, soon bursted through the door. She was in a happy mood today.

"Students! Now that... most of you... have passed, we can safely establish hero names without a lawsuit!"

I stared back at the disgusting student's, Mineta, desk. I wondered what perverted things were in that seat that would never be washed away.

"Haha! Anyways... Today's activity will be... picking hero names!!"

We were all excited to hear that. Finally, something that wasn't training or fighting!

"Now, I'll pass out some whiteboards, and you will all write down your hero names! Make them as creative as you want! I can't wait to see!"

I thought for a moment... What... do I want my name to be? A name that'll stick... but won't sound completely ridiculous as well. Hm... I wonder...

After many thoughts and consideration, I could only think of one name that stuck with me. Despite my clearly All Might rip off names as a child, I decided to use one name Kacchan knows.

I raised my hand and was called to the front.

"Ahem... My hero name... is Deku!" I announced; the whole room became silent.

"Oh my! That's a lovely name! Would you like to explain it?"

"... Yes... You see... Although it is seen as insulting... the term 'deku' was something everyone used to address me back in middle school. Even though it's meant to be seen as worthless or useless... I think I find it more of an oxymoron than insulting. I want to show the world that even though you're labeled with one name, that doesn't mean you should give up. So yeah, Deku is my name!"

Ura and Akari both clapped. A few of the male classmates cheered for me. My face turned bright red from embarrassment.

"That's wonderful, Midori! Alright, I'll mark you down as 'Deku'!" Midnight said, writing it down on a clipboard.

I walked back to my desk, but not before glancing at Katsuki. He glared at me, but I just smiled back and sat down. Ura and I started to talk.

"So, Deku, huh? Do you mind if I call you that?"

"Not at all, Ura~chan! As long as I can call you Uravity!"

"Haha! Deal!"

We jokingly shook hands. Her cheeks turned a shade of rose pink. I turned back to my desk and started to doodle in a journal. Pup got me hooked into keeping notes and making hero journals again after showing me her sketchbook.

"Aw, you want to present, too, sweetie?" Midnight asked Pup.

She nodded and walked right up to the stand, having to stand on a step stool to reach. The whiteboard had to be held by midnight so you could see her face.

"M-My name Alpha! Because... I want to be strong and big when I'm a grown up!"

"That's wonderful, sweetie! I love the... er... glitter! On... the whiteboard... that will never come off..."

"Kari gave it to me!"

"Of course she did... Okay, sweetie! You may sit down now!"

She merrily skipped back to Akari and sat down next to her. Soon, class ended and it was time for next period.

As we were in the middle of class change, Katsuki slammed his hand next to me, preventing me from escaping. Chills ran up my spine as I remembered that night.

"I don't know what kind of game you think you're playing... but I want you to FUCKING EXPLAIN YOURSELF."

"W-What are you saying, Bakugou? I have zero idea..."

"Oh don't play fucking dumb with me... Your name, your stupid green hair, the fucking HERO NAME! Quit doing this shit!"

"What does any of this have to do with you?"

"Ngh...! I know you're trying to fuck with me... I know it! You know about him... You're just trying to mock me! You want me to feel so bad about him dying! WELL I DON'T, OKAY?! I'M GLAD THAT WEAK BASTARD DIED!"

I had a sick feeling in my stomach as it felt as though any blood I still had rushed out of my head. Tears pricked my eyes and I geld my mouth to not vomit. It was... too late, though. I threw up on his shoes.

Ura quickly ran over and helped me to the nurse. She said I wasn't running a fever and just needed to rest. I was fine with not being in class right now... I didn't want to see him...

Those words replayed over and over as I rested. My stomach was in pain from it. I still remember it all... The blood that leaked from my ears to my neck, the fact that my eyes went blind after the buring flame of his explosions hit my skin. I even remember the smell of burnt caramel in the air. And as my head hit the freezing water... I felt myself float. It wasn't like an out of body experience, though. It was like I had ascended to a new world.

I was surrounded by the cloud beasts. They welcomed me to my new home for a long time. And there was Pup... so sweet and innocent... she was just two, I believe, during that time. I remember Himari comforting me as I cried for hours...

Then, I met Queen Juno. She was the kindest person I had ever met. Her beauty was unlike anything I had seen. At the time, the King, King Alejandro, was still there.

He was a charmer, alright. He reminded me of a big bear. He had dark skin and hair that was as dark as the night sky. His beard made Pup terrified of him as a baby, but she was too little to remember. Queen Juno... I can't imagine what losing your love is like. All I can think of is when Mom was alone with me... I never learned what happened to Dad. I think Mom would have told me eventually...

"Zuzu?"

I turned my head slowly to see Pup peaking over my bed. I smiled softly, turing my entire body to face her.

"Hey, sweetie..."

"U-Um... You... Okie?"

"Yeah... I'm okie, sweetie..."

"O-Okie, good. U-Um I brought cookie because... cookie makes me happy! So... cookie makes Zuzu happy, too!"

"Thank you, sweetie... You didn't have to."

"It my job to help people! I'm Zawa's... asitance!"

"Hm...! You are his assistant. Thank you for the delivery. A cookie is what I needed."

"Uwa said that um... she um... oh yeah, she wanted to see you after eating time!"

"Alright then. Thank you for the message. You go back to Aizawa, okay? I don't want you sick, too."

"Okie! Bye bye!"

"Bye, sweetie..."

As soon as she left, I bit into the sugar cookie.

I think that's the first time I ever cried from a cookie...