Our First Test

We walked outside to a training grounds. Pup stayed with the girls as I changed, and ran up to me once I walked out.

"Z- Zuzu! Where did you go?!" She asked.

I bent down and pet her head.

"I was just changing, sweetie." I reassured her.

She held onto my leg, making sure I don't get away from her. I chuckled, and took her down to the rest of the class. I'll admit, it's been a while since I had such a tight fit. I ended up ripping the jacket slightly trying to fit my wings in. I ended up tying it around my waist.

"Alright, today I'm going to measure your quirks potential, as well as figure out your place in this class."

"Yes!! This is gonna be so fun!" A pink skinned girl cheered.

Wrong move, pink skinned girl. Aizawa soon put on a grimacing smile on his face.

"Oh yeah? Since you think being a hero is all fun and games, I'll give you a fun game to play... Whoever comes last in this little game, gets expelled with no question."

He isn't serious...

"I've suspended an entire class once, and I'll do it to you if you joke around."

He is serious...

A few groans later, and testing officially started.

First was the ball throw. Kacchan went up first, shouting his usual antics. A chill went up my spine when I saw the bright colors from his explosions. I had to look away from fear.

Flashbacks of that day filled my mind and I felt myself black out. I could hear my own breathing, my ear started to ring in that high pitched sound no one can ever explain. I still remember the feeling of cold water and blood, and the heat from him explosions.

"Zuzu!"

I came back. I was on my knees for some reason. I looked around to see a lot of eyes. Pup's stuck out to me. I never want to see her cry.

"Midori, are you alright?" Aizawa called out.

"Y- Yeah... Sorry, must have spaced out."

"Well since you're fine, it's your turn now." Aizawa tossed the ball in my hands.

I caught it, and quickly walked up to the circle. The greatest part about being one of the Queen's children, is that you're branded with her symbol. When you tap it, it gives you three abilities each time.

Number 1 is making a portal, which is what Himari and I normally do. Number 2 is regeneration. Normally, we can't feel pain, however, we can feel tired if we overuse our powers. Finally, number three is strength. Normally you can control this one, however, I'm still very new to using the strength; afterall, we never fight in the afterlife.

I tapped the symbol, pulled back, took a deep breath, and threw it with all my might.

As soon as I let go, the sound of a fast ball filled the air, and soon, it disappeared. What followed was a strong gust of wind that knocked several students over. I gripped the ground hard.

I looked behind me, seeing the shocked faces of my new classmates. I shrugged and went back to the group.

"Well... I would say what your score is, but you blew the scale out of my hands." Aizawa sighed, and went to get a new scale.

"That was awesome, Midori!!" The brown haired girl exclaimed.

"Er... thanks, uh..."

"I'm Ochaco Uraraka! I feel bad, I just used my quirk, and didn't really throw it..."

"It's fine, that's the point. I used my quirk, too."

"Hey, what's that symbol on your shoulder?! I saw it when you came in, and I was really curious!"

"Oh, this is just something that comes with the quirk. It gives me strength."

"So cool!! Hey, is Pup really your sister?"

"Urm..." I looked at Pup, and then Uraraka~chan.

"I'd rather not say..."

"Zuzu is my big brother!! Mommy said so!"

"Yes, sweetie, yes she did..."

Uraraka chatted with me while we continued testing. It wasn't very hard. Speed? Easy. Grip? Broke the scale. Side steps? Was all about rhythm.

Aizawa read the results. I came 4th, which was actually surprising. I clearly surpassed the others, and even hit that disgusting and unholy grape.

I walked up to Aizawa and demanded an explanation. I did not sacrifice my happy afterlife just to get fourth!

"Yeah, about that. During the ball throw, I tried to erase your quirk."

"You-- WHAT?!" Some students looked at us.

"Yes. My quirk allows other people's quirk to be erased as long as my eyes are open. I noticed that you still had it no matter what. I reduced a few points for that. Other than that, you would've been first."

"Probably because I DON'T have a quirk, and the symbol ISN'T my quirk." I thought to myself.

"Why would you try to do that?"

"Because. My part of being a teacher is making sure students succeed. I don't know who you are, or where you're from, but Nezu does. The hero business isn't sunshine and rainbows. Unlike your classmates, I saw little to no effort in your test. I hope you let this be a lesson, Midori. Try your hardest, even when you think you don't have to."

My mouth hung open. He walked away as if he had just said some funny joke. I scowled, and pouted. I soon felt a small hand tug my pants leg. I look down to see Pup.

"D- Don't listen to him, Zuzu! He's just a big fat meanie!"

"Yeah, Izu!" Uraraka jumped in.

I smiled. "Thanks."

After school had finished, I ooened the portal with a very sleepy puppy. She was in her animal form, sleeping in my arms. I walk through it and see our house. Himari soon walked out the door.

"How was--... Ah, all tuckered out?"

"Hm... Very. I am, too. I forgot how hard school was, let alone hero school. I gotta tell you the long day I've had..."