"𝐀 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐅𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐄"

𝐎𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐣

_______________

      My feet kicked in excitement as I sat in this shitty ass classroom for the very last time.

      Graduation was no less than 3 minutes away. we would all have to be classed to the fieldhouse outside, so we could all receive our diplomas and get the hell out of here. I was a senior, and it was the last day. The last day of school lunches, obsessive amounts of homework, and the last day of Mrs. Knowles. I hated that bitch. This was the class I was in right now.

     I always had her the last period of the day, and I hated it. Out of all the students, it was like she would target me, pick on me the most. A group of girls could be yelling, and loud as hell, making TikTok's in the window, but I could plug my headphones into the computer to watch an educational video, and it was always "Onika, turn your music off. That isn't allowed."

     Something about her was always so creepy to me. Not in a supernatural way, but she was sort of an enigma. From what I heard, she was a married woman, but no signs really seemed to show me that. I never really judged somebody by looks, but I couldn't imagine her with a husband. She was the more masculine type, and even though she wore dresses, it was prominent, and you could see that.

      Peering down from the clock, I looked to see her dark hazel eyes on me. They scared me for a moment, because they were so intense. I looked away slightly and pulled out my computer hoping to savor these last few minutes of the 4 years of hell I'd gone through. I soon heard footsteps, but I tried my best to ignore them. Suddenly, my laptop was closed, and my head snapped up to see the perpetrator.

     Mrs. Knowles. She let a sly smile take over her damn near perfect features. I hated her, but I had to give her, her 10's. She was fine as hell, and I bet if she didn't teach here, she would have women falling all over her. Damn, maybe I would too. I tried to push those thoughts to the back of my head, and I mustered up the best straight face I could. She knows I hate her, why is she even over here.

"Do you need something? Why're you bothering me?!" She let out a chuckle. Her raspy voice filling my ears.

"The bell sounded off 5 minutes ago, everyone's gone, sweetheart. I'd think you'd want to stay some extra time with me?" My eyes bugged out and I quickly looked around and I noticed that everyone was still in the room. She's such a liar. She just wanted to bother me. Glaring at her, I stood up and snatched the Chromebook out of her firm, tattooed, grasp.

"I hate you." I said to her. She only smirked.

     Before she could let out a sentence, the bell sounded, and I bolted out of that classroom like there was no tomorrow. She was so annoying, and I hated her. The thing is, that I'd never done a thing to that woman. Ever since Freshman year, she always acted like I did something to her, but every time I would do my work, or stand in the hallways, even eating my lunch, I would catch her staring at me. It never failed.

     Sometime sit would just be my face, but often times, her gaze would wander downward, to my cleavage, or when I would walk by her in passing periods, even bending down, I could feel eyes on my ass. They were her eyes, nobody else's. There was something about her stare that let me know it was hers. it haunted me in a way. I'd always discard those thoughts. This was a married woman, very attractive too. She could have anybody she wanted, her wife as well. I knew there was no way she could even be attracted to me in the slightest.

     I was by no means an ugly girl. I think I strutted with much confidence, and my aura excluded that. But it was more of a facade than anything. I had more weight on me than others, and it took my self-esteem down a couple of notches, but when people started telling me that I looked good, and that many people liked my build, it slowly started to come back up. I still didn't care for myself sometimes, but I was learning to deal with it.