"𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔"

𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬, 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐦𝐚-

_____________

𝐎𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐣

______________

Being the outcast in your friend group isn't fun, it just isn't.

It wasn't anything they really did specifically, but I always felt like one. I wasn't the most social, so there would be dinner dates they'd go on, while I declined. I'd look at the posts, and they'd flaunt themselves all over social media. One could say it wasn't their fault, it was mines, I declined it right? Well, it wasn't my friend group I was trying to avoid, it was her.

She was my best friend, Megan's girlfriend, and she hated me. Whenever I did decide I wanted to go somewhere with them, she'd be there. She didn't speak much, silent for the most part, but when she did, it was either to ridicule, or bash me. Nine times out of Ten, I'd leave feeling embarrassed, and I'd proceed not to go to the next two events.

My two-event break was up this time. It was like my friends started to notice my pattern of coming to the activities, and they'd set up their events next to mines. They really seemed to like me, I have to give them that, they didn't ever try to just not include me ever. I just didn't understand why they'd never defend me when she would say something to me. "She likes, you Nika!" Is what my friend Lauren always says to me, but I couldn't and wouldn't believe it. All the signs said otherwise.

A part of me wanted to believe it, but I just couldn't see what they were talking about. I told Megan how I felt about her girlfriend always bashing me, so she told me that she'd set up an event where Beyonce didn't have to go. Relief washed over my body when she told me that statement. That brings me to where I am now, looking for an outfit to wear for today's "friend event".

We lived in Chicago, and there was always plenty of things to do downtown, whether it was shopping, escape rooms, arcades, it was a great tourist location. We were all planning to take a train downtown to go to Navy Pier, since the drive to Lake Shore was way too long. We all lived in the suburbs, so this was nothing unusual for us. I told everyone that'd id be able to make it today, and everyone was happy, sending things in the group chat, I thumbs up would've been cute, but they were sending hearts and balloons, dramatic.

I eventually decided on wearing a cute outfit for the occasion, there wasn't usually a ton of things to do, but we were going on a boat ride, along with walking around and taking pictures. I decided on a long maxi skirt that hugged my ample curves, it was a muted green color. My shirt was a white crop top, short sleeved, with the back out. Slipping on my platformed white sandals, I slicked back my long hair into a center knot, t showed off my clear skin and it showcased my jaw structure.

With it being the middle of a scorching July, I thought this would work. I grabbed my purse and headed out the door, into my car. It was about 3PM now, the train ride to lakeshore would be about an hour, giving us plenty of time for bonding and conversation, I was actually excited for this event, Beyonce wouldn't be there, so I decided to show out a little more with my outfit, it was tight-fitting, and brought more attention to my body, whereas, I'd never wear something like this with her around, I didn't want to get ridiculed.

I wasn't really sure about the reason she hated me so much, but this has been going on since we were 16, I was 19 now, a grown-ass woman. I have no idea why I allow this girl to bully me, but I wasn't the bets at confrontation, I'd rather just avoid everything as a whole, I wanted my peace, after all, the bitch just looked like she could beat my ass, she was 6'0, and 6 years my senior, I wasn't even taking a chance with that one. Megan was tall too, and we were all about the same age range, maybe she liked older woman, I'm not really sure. either way, they looked good together, I guess.