"𝐔𝐍𝐖𝐀𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓"

𝐎𝐧𝐢𝐤𝐚 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐣

  Onika had been waiting outside of the school for Jidenna, her older brother to come pick her up. She was already having a terrible day and she was fed up. Ever since her mother died, she wasn't in the best mental state, and everybody could tell. The death of their mother didn't borther Jidenna as much because he wasn't as close with their mother.

But Onika was. Carol was Onika's rock, and she really love Onika with all her being. Onika was a bit autistic, and had become diagnosed when she was 3 years old. Ever since Carol found out, she had been treating Onika as her baby, and Onika didn't mind it. Not at all.

Jidenna finally pulled up to the school building to see Onika waiting outside looking furious. Once Onika got in, they did their regular routine as of late.

"Jidenna."

"Onika."

     And that was that. Jidenna and Onika weren't very close and it showed more and more every day. They used to be very close when they were younger, and Onika missed the memories of annoying their parents, and disrupting the whole neighboorhood with their antics. It was an interwoven city they lived in, everyone knew everyone, and that meant everybody sure did know Onika.

     They ride home was silent, except for the rap music blasting out of their car as they drove to the house. Onika sighed. Jidenna wasn't always like this. It seemed like when mom died he thought he had to become a thug, all tough and gruff. Which was something Jidenna was NOT. he was a sweet soul, that was a little rough around the edges, he was somebody who would read Onika stories, and randomly took her on rides, simply enjoying each other's company.

   He was definitley not that anymore. The long conversations they used to have were now replaced with one- word responses, and slight jabs and insults toward Onika. crybaby, and weirdo were also thrown Onikas way, but she couldn't help it, it was just who she was. Jiddenna had finally pulled up to the driveway of their home.

    Jidenna got out of the car, leaving Onika to sit inside, sulking. She finally got out of the car and grabbed her pink furry bookbag. She slammed the front door and looked in the front to see which one of Jidennas friends were occupying the couch. This time it happened to be mambers of some "association" he was in. Onika wasn't sure though, they all had blue bandanas on their forheads, some on their ankles. They all spotted Jidenna's little sister and they had different reactions.

"Hey Onika!" Yelled Chris. Chris was always happy and chipper. He understood Onika's autisim and he always treated her nicely. He was definitley one of her favorite faces to see when she came home from school.

Wayne just gave her a simple nod and smile. Wayne was more reserved and he didn't say much. He did respect Onika though, he thought she was nice and didn't bother anybody. Last year for her birthday, he has brought her some new shoes she had been wanting.

"Nic! What's goin' on!" Will said, coming over to hug me. I hugged him back. he was always very sweet to me. He didn't come over very much, but when we did we always had lots of fun. Him and Chris were definitley my favorite people to hang out with. I smiled at all of them even though I was frowning on the inside.

" Hi you guys! I can't play on the game or be with you guys because i have homework, but when I'm done we are all going to watch Sofia the First OK!?"

They all nodded and I clapped my hands. I dropped my bag at my door then I rushed back downstairs to go in the kitchen to get some Juice. Jidenna was at the counter eating some cereal. I decided that I wanted cereal instead of Juice so I tried to reach the top shelf.