088 | storks

can i get a kiss,
and can you make it last forever?

can i get a kiss, and can you make it last forever?

AUGUST TWENTY THIRD,
TWO THOUSAND AND SEVENTEEN

04:14 in the morning

DO YOU KNOW WHAT the beauty of starting a new chapter in life was? The anticipation. The feeling that you had control of the words written on paper, that the pen was in your hands, and that all the possibilities and opportunities were yours for the taking.

Sora clutched his life story close to his heart. He had a blank page in front of him, and all that he could think of was her. Her dark eyes, sharp nose, and full lips. His lover. The one he would marry. And when he started to write words down on that sheet of paper...they meant so much more than just that.

More than just his future.

Mikayo meant everything to him.

In the darkness of the night, where the city was asleep and the streetlights were out, the moon saw him, and he saw the moon.

My whole life, you've been guiding me, Sora thought, his arms against the railings of his new home. The long white curtains of the open window blew behind him as the wind breezed by. Just for this moment, right?

He saw the moon nod.

His lips stretched into a blinding smile.

Thank you.

"Sora, honey?" he heard Mikayo call, her
voice ridden with the lull of sleep. "What are you doing outside? Come back inside."

Sora glanced at the moon one last time before heading inside, cooing softly, "Sorry for waking you up. Did you sleep okay?"

"Yeah. I had a nice dream."

"Oh? What was it about?"

"Us."

The moon watched her children with a fond smile on her lips. Fate despised the path they had taken, but she adored it. They were heading in the right direction, like the tides of the ocean she guided. That was the difference between the moon and Fate. She helped her children while Fate controlled them.

I will not let you follow her plan, the moon whispered. You have made your own. I will carry your burdens, so please, love with your whole heart. Enjoy this life you have made for yourselves. You only have one.