061 | self-confidence is such a turn on

stay with them as you are, dear.
that is if you can

JANUARY FIFTH, TWO THOUSAND AND THIRTEEN

JANUARY FIFTH,
TWO THOUSAND AND THIRTEEN

21:39 at night

"IT'S GETTING LATE," said Ukai, glancing down at his wrist where a fancy watch sat, courtesy of his smoking buddy. "Let's wrap this up and head to bed. You all need a good night's rest before tomorrow."

Papers were collected, laptops were shut, chairs were pushed out, and legs were stretched. Bidding goodbye to everyone, the volleyball team departed to their hotel rooms, ready to faceplant on the comfortable beds and fall into a deep, tranquil sleep.

"We'll come see the rest of your matches, Tobio-chan," Tooru beamed, ruffling his sleepy soulmate's hair and placing a kiss on top of his head. "Have a good night!"

"Goodnight," he mumbled tiredly.

Sora smiled fondly. He placed a hand on his lower back. "Don't stay up late. You and Shoyou both need your sleep, so don't fight or bicker or anything of the sort, got it?"

"Hai."

They watched him trudge into the elevator, waving until the metallic doors shut.

A tense silence blanketed their shoulders.

Sora glanced at the others.

He sighed, chest rising and falling. "Come on," he beckoned. "I'll walk you guys back."

"Oh, it's fine. We don't want to trouble you."

"I wasn't asking."

Walking down the streets, enveloped in a lazy drizzle of snowflakes, each unique in their own way, the soulmate five moved in syncshut off from the details around them, of reality, yet encompassed in their own wonderful world. Rendered impermeable, they were together. And that was all they could ever want. From this life and the next.

Glistening stars, a mourning moon.

They knew of their dreams.

Directly or indirectly, everything one says, writes and hears is directed to someone.

"This is the place," Hajime announced, the five stopping outside a rather dark building. Moss ran up the cracks in the bricks, multiple windows tainted by dirt, dust and snow.