002 | meow meow mf

angels, come breathe with him

NOVEMBER NINETH,TWO THOUSAND AND SIX

NOVEMBER NINETH,
TWO THOUSAND AND SIX

9:47 in the morning

"DON'T BE SHY, TOBIO." Sora's young voice rang throughout the empty street. The honeyed sun's rays beckoned the world, washing the town of Miyagi over in a golden hue. "It's just a cat! Come pet it!"

The eleven-year-old boy fiddled with the sleeves of his shirt. He shuffled on his feet, decorated in a pair of white, soiled sneakers.

"What if it doesn't like me?" Tobio mumbled, lowering his head. Dark eyelashes fluttered against his adorable chubby cheeks, and a loving smile stretched across Sora's face.

"We won't know unless you come here!"

Fur coloured similar to that of ginger and buttermilk, moving through the winter light as if it was its own special kind of crystal water, and eyes similar to that of emerald green, the cat on the side of the street meowed. It stared up at the two humans.

Children.

Love shrouded their shoulders.

"Approach slowly," Sora advised, already crouched in front of it, "and maintain eye level. Cats don't like it when you're above them. They'll see you as a threat."

"I won't hurt it," Tobio mumbled.

"I know that," his soulmate responded. "But the cat doesn't. So take your time."

And he did. Tobio moved to his knees, leaning forward on the gravel ground. He stretched out his hand, hope gleaming in his eyes.

Oh, how he wanted to pet the creature.

It looked so soft and gentle.

Lmfao, mans was wrong.

Claws extended immediately and swiped his incoming hand, bolting away with a loud, scratchy and harsh mewl. Tobio hissed, drawing his arm to his chest.

"Ouch."

Droplets of crimson coursed down his palm, racing together as if it were a challenge.

"Here, let me have a look." As if he was cradling glass, Sora gently took hold of Tobio's wrist. He brought it closer, angling it under the sun's light to get a better look.

"It's not deep," he informed. "But let's go home and clean itjust to be safe."

Walking under winter's protective gaze, the soulmate duo strolled through the streets.

Two boys ran past them.

One had familiar fluffy brown hair and spotted a cheery look whilst the other had spiky dark hair, face bereft of his usual scowl.

Fate smiled. The cats meowed.

This was just the beginning.