034 | simping over the swimming teacher. oh, and separation anxiety

bring a fight, and he'll bring a war

JULY EIGHT,
TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE

12:51 in the afternoon

THE AFTERNOON washed upon Miyagi luminously, painting the town in colours of amber and gold. Honeyed rays graced Karasuno High's building, encompassing the empty classes with its warmth. Wrapped in the arms of his soulmate, Kageyama leant his head on his chest, grasping onto the taller teenager.

They stood together for what seemed like ages, immersed in their own special moment, the summer breeze brushing against their cheeks with a fond, cool gesture, pushing back the strands of hair that had fallen to cover their anxious faces.

Saeko Tanaka, the oldest Tanaka sibling, and Hinata Shoyou, the youngest of the duo's best friend, waited patiently for the two lovers to wrap up their intimate embrace. Affectionate eyes glanced over periodically, glad to see such love and adoration emitting off Tobio and Sora, their chests rising and falling in sync, blood pumping through their veins, oxygen flowing through their bodies as one, forever one.

They knew that they needed this. Needed to hold each other before separating for an extended weekend.

(sora has always had trouble letting tobio go)

"I'm proud of you," Sora muttered into Tobio's hair, rubbing his hand up and down the younger's back. "Well done for passing."

Tobio nuzzled his face into his neck. "Thank you."

They parted with a chaste peck on the lips, eyes glazing over with a glossy layer of unshed tears, the prospect of separation settling into their aching bones.

Kageyama entered the blonde's car, placing his bags beside him. Hinata greeted him jubilantly, practically vibrating in the passenger seat, rambling on about his excitement to both play against new teams and see his soulmates once again.

Sora looked over at the unfamiliar female, eyes narrowing dangerously cold.

"If anything happens to him," he started, his voice an octave below a hissed threat, "I'll have your driver's license revoked and your ass thrown in jail."

Saeko laughed loudly, slamming her hand against the roof of her car. "Ryu was right! You sure are a scary one, Suzuki. Will you send the Yakuza after me, too?" she teased.

Sora glared at her.

"Don't worry! They'll be fine!"

With a beaming grin sent his way, Saeko sat in the driver's seat, buckling herself in. Cerulean eyes moved over to his soulmate, locking gazes with sapphire orbs.

He walked up to the window, knocking against it lightly. Saeko got the hint and rolled it down.

"Call me if anything happens," he said. "If you're even the slightest bit uncomfortable, let me know. I'll come pick you up."