038 | it's going to be a wonderful friendship. i can feel it in my toes

a monster with a friendly face

JULY TWENTY SEVENTH,TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE

TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE

15:28 in the afternoon

"WOAH! YOU'RE SO TALL!" exclaimed Koutarou Bokuto as he walked to the left of Sora Suzuki, Tetsuro Kuroo walking on the swimmer's opposite side. "Kubro already mentioned how tall you were, but I feel like I'm walking beside a giant!"

"That's kinda overexaggerating it, Bo," sweatdropped Kuroo, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

The older three walked ahead of the group, conversing amongst themselves. Akaashi accompanied Kenma, his fingers laced with a flustered Tskuishima, still foreign to public displays of affection. Kageyama and Hinata, as usual, were bickering behind the group, their playful banter easing everyone with them.

They were glad to see that the two best friends made up. And that their relationship had grown much stronger than before.

"Why are you wearing all black?" Akaashi asked his friend. Both of them met through their soulmates in their first year of high school, and they instantly bonded over the tender annoyance they held towards the eccentric duo well, as they gazed towards the front, they realised it was going to become a trio soon. Sora, Kuroo and Bokuto seemed to get along well. Too well for their liking.

"I wear all black to remind people not to mess with me because I'm already dressed for their funeral," returned Kenma with no emotion whatsoever. The nonchalant attitude never ceased to amaze the others; even Tsukishimamentallyapplauded his quick retorts.

"Lovely."

"Ah, this is the cafe!" Their attention moved to the front, spotting Sora pointing towards a simple and cute shop to the side. "It's best known for their meat and sandwiches."

Bokuto brightened up. "Meat? I love meat!"

( a bit too much, if you ask me )

"He likes meat a lot, huh?" Kageyama mused.

Hinata nodded.

"You shouldn't say much, Mr I-have-five-soulmates," drawled Tsukishima, rolling his golden-brown eyes. Was it a protective instinct to shoot back quips to defend one of his soulmates? Who knows.

( i do. it was )

Kageyama whipped over to him. "What does that have anything to do with meat?"

The blond stared at him blankly.

He sighed, "face-first into the point, and you still missed it." He reached over for the door, opening it wider. "Whatever, just go inside."

Tsukishima held the door open, lips quirking upwards at the faint snickers his soulmate let out. Akaashi tugged on his hand gently once the others entered, walking over to the large booth at the end. Sora, Kuroo and Bokuto had already made themselves comfortable, sitting together with menus in their hands, eyes scanning the various listed meals and mouths blabbering whimsical nonsense.