018 | regina wannabe

heavy is the head that wears the crown

APRIL SEVENTH, TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE

APRIL SEVENTH,
TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE

8:56 in the morning

BEFORE THEY KNEW IT, Saturday had arrived. The soulmate duo walked to school together, with Tobio informing the older teenager who his opponents were. Sora spotted the irritation bubbling through their bond but made no comment. Something definitely happened, he thought. Tobio never gets like this with anyone unless they genuinely pissed him off especially when it comes to volleyball.

The sound of footsteps echoed behind them. They looked over their shoulders. A blur of orange dashed past them, and Sora blinked in shock as Kageyama chased after him, yelling,  "WAIT UP, HINATA BOKE!"

"Interesting," Sora muttered slowly, continuing in his path.

The two first years collapsed onto the ground, panting harshly as their lungs demanded the oxygen it was deprived of in their minute-long race. Tanaka, who stood at the doors of the gymnasium, stared back in concern.

"What's the point of getting worn out before the match?" he questioned, brows furrowed forward, genuinely weirded out. Those two were seriously confusing, he thought, stepping inside with his sneakers in hand.

"Damn," grunted Hinata, hands planted onto the ground. "That was a draw."

"I won't ever lose to the likes of you."

"But..."

He's irritating and pisses me offthe resplendent moment of yesterday's training session, when Kageyama finally set the ball for him, flashed before his eyesbut he's going to set for me from now on. Hinata turned his head, honey-brown eyes blazing into Kageyama's soul. A setter's gonna set for me!

"You and I are gonna win today," he declared. Kageyama's eyes widened, but he quickly regained his composure, placing his hand on his knee and getting up from the floor.

"Let's get ready."

"Yeah."

"Ohayo, Ōsama," came the irritating voice of their potential teammate. Kageyama and Hinata whirled around, staring at the blond and green-haired boy standing side by side, smirks stretched across their face. Persian blue eyes narrowed, daggers piercing into the salty bean pole.

Tsukishima delighted in the response he got, lips curving upwards. Though that all vanished when a hand was placed on his shoulder, a daunting, dark aura emitting from behind him.

"Ne, Tsukishima-kun." The blond glanced behind him and Yamaguchi, swallowing at the bright, feigned smile plastered onto the third year's face. "Tobio has a name. I'd appreciate it if you'd use it."