019 | there's no god here

the universe shut its eyes and ears
for this chapter

the universe shut its eyes and ears for this chapter

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

APRIL SEVENTH,
TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE

20:16 at night

LIGHT GREY VAPOURS LEFT plush pink lips, a shiver racing through the spine of the dark-haired male, face illuminated by the lamps decorating the side of the sleeping streets. Faint fragments of nicotine and liquor lingered on his tongue, fingers cradling the long, slick black device. Bringing it to his mouth, Sora hollowed his cheeks, sucking a long drag, allowing the smoke to float in his mouth momentarily before inhaling deeply, basking in the numbness his mind felt as a side effect of vaping.

Darkness sprawled along the various firmaments, shadowed clouds drifting southwards. The moon hung in the sky, a great luminescent pearl watching over her children. Solemn eyes gazed at the self-destructive boy, and he stared back.

"Sora?"

Cerulean eyes looked over his shoulder, dark strands of hair falling to frame his face. They landed on a hesitant-looking Kageyama, watching as he fiddled with his fingers, nose scrunched up. His bag was left somewhere in the living room, shoes planted neatly in the entryway of Sora's house, though both houses were home when the other was there.

A frown tugged at Kageyama's lips.

After Sora had left earlier, Tobio planned to come and comfort him to the best of his abilities, even if the aforementioned abilities were shit. Tobio couldn't use words to comfort someone to save his life, but he certainly could sit and offer his company as solace. It always helped Sora at least, seemed to.

The stench of burnt apples reached Tobio's nose, and he winced, rubbing his nose with the back of his hand. Sora knew how much he hated seeing him vape, knew it all too well after they had an argument about his unhealthy habits back in Italy. It had ached his heart, seeing his soulmates on the verge of tears, yells spewing from his mouth, uncoordinated, rushed, laced with desperation and frustration.

Sora promised to stop smoking and resorted to vaping instead. A lie. He still smoked, but Tobio didn't need to know that. It helped him, unhealthy be damned. For that was all Sora wanted all he needed. Help.

Tobio closed the door behind him, shuffling over to his soulmate. Sora pulled his vape apart and placed it back in the little bag he had for it.

"Gomen," he said finally, opening his arms and letting Tobio fall into his embrace. "I didn't know what else to do."

Kageyama pressed a kiss to his covered chest. "It's fine. I understand."

A soft smile curved on his face. Sora leant down, kissing the top of his head. His lips stretched further as Tobio nuzzled into him, nosing the crook of his neck. Sora couldn't help himself. He littered his soulmate with butterfly kisses, from his head all the way to his face, every nook and cranny. Over his eyelids, on his cheeks, his nose, his chin everywhere but his lips.