039 | i-is that the call of angst i hear? why, yes !

loving them was the most
exquisite form of self-destruction

loving them was the most exquisite form of self-destruction

JULY THIRTY FIRST,
TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE

16:57 in the afternoon

BUZZING WITH ANTICIPATION and glee, Sora checked himself out in the mirror oncetwicethree times. He smoothed out the creases of his shirt, yanked about the buckle of his belt and tucked away the baby hairs chilling on his scalp. He glanced in the mirror for a final time, double-checking his outfit: a formal white shirt with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, a pair of dark trousers and a pair of brown shoes that Sora only wore for special occasions. Not to mention that he put in his favourite piercings: multiple obsidian jewels laced with a metallic outline.

A wide grin sat on the swimmer's lips.

Tobio had invited him out for a date, which, strangely enough, was the first time the latter ever did that. So, it was safe to say that Sora was ecstatic, practically over the moon.

It was 5pm, and butterflies churned in his stomach as he exited his house, making sure to switch off the lights and lock both the doors and windows. With a slight skip in his step, Sora walked over to his soulmate's house.

He reached for the door handle, the jingle of metal echoing throughout the house. Four people in-took a stuttered breath, their eyes laying on the very being that captured their souls with his passionate eyes, adoring personality and possessive desire to protect what belonged to himsolely him.

Sora's face fell.

"What are you all doing here?"

Silence snaked around their throats, gnawing at their insides. Kindaichi, Kunimi, Oikawa and Iwaizumi, who all sat on the couch in the Kageyama's household's living room, stilled in their positions, awkwardly glancing at each other, squirming in their seats.

"I invited them," came the hesitant, meek voice of Tobio Kageyama. Sora's attention snapped to the side, spotting his soulmate coming out of the kitchen with his fingers laced together, pulling and tugging, giving away his nervousness. Sora immediately pushed down his temper and straightened his back. His cerulean eyes were lit aflame, scalding the males with his judgement.

"Why?"

"I" Tobio stole a look at his other soulmates, lips curving downwards.

Iwaizumi sucked up the courage to speak in his steed. "We wanted to talk to you," he answered, garnering Sora's piercing attention. He swallowed thickly, heart hammering in his chest.

Sora arched an elegant brow, and the quivering crease showed his unhappiness at their appearance. "About?"

They glanced at each other, unsure.