020 | crotch marks the spot

he's always in his mind,
like a song playing on a constant loop

he's always in his mind,like a song playing on a constant loop

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

APRIL EIGHTH,
TWO THOUSAND TWELVE

7:16 in the morning

THE INSECCENT BUZZING OF a phone going off woke Kageyama from his deep slumber. His eyes opened, greeting the dayshine, and his heart and lungs expanded. Pupils dilated as they absorbed the light that suffocated the room, and Kageyama nuzzled his face into his soulmate's shoulder as a way to block out both the sun's rays and the ringing sound that echoed. He closed his eyes, melting into the warmth encapsulating him and willing the dreamless sleep to return to him once more, to embrace his in its comforting arms when the phone vibrated again.

A groan escaped his lips, and he rolled over, reaching over to the bedside table. His hand moved around the surface, feeling for the device. Fingertips brushed against the slick surface, and he grabbed it, clicking the green button and holding it to his ear.

"Don't tell me you're still sleeping!"

Kageyama blinked in surprise. He didn't recognise the soft, feminine voice.

"Ano...who is this?"

"Oh! You must be Kageyama-kun!" the unfamiliar woman exclaimed. "We're Suzuki's classmates. We're supposed to buy some stuff for the pool. Is he with you?"

"Yeah, one second."

Tobio turned and shook his soulmate's shoulder. He grunted at the action, arms tightening around his waist. "Sora," Kageyama called, "It's your classmates." Incoherent mumbles sounded under Sora's breath before he extended his hand out for his phone. Tobio gave it to him, and he placed it close to his head.

"Hello?"

On the other side of the phone, Nakamura blushed heavily, heat slipping through her veins and painting her cheeks a blossom pink. The sonorous, raspy voice rang through her head, elegant, deadly, the sweetest song to her earsbut not her favourite. Never her favourite.

Before she could answer, however, the phone was ripped out of her hand. "Oi, Suzuki! Hurry up!" yelled Ryota, holding the device to his lips. "We have an hour until the train leaves!" Steam fumed out of his ears, air blown into his cheeks as he glared at the contact name on Nakamura's phone.

"Okay, okay. I got it. I'll be there in like half an hour."

Sora ended the call, ditching it onto his bed. Just as he was about to flop back into bed, fingers curled around his bicep, yanking his upper body forward.

"Don't fall back asleep," Tobio chimed. "You can't just leave them alone."

"Fine," he groaned, throwing the blankets off his body. Tobio smiled minusculely, deciding to get up himself and probably go for a jog. That, he realised, was not going to happen.

king's knight • haikyuuजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें