066 | like married couples

he adores them harder than silence

JANUARY SEVENTH, TWO THOUSAND AND THIRTEEN

JANUARY SEVENTH,
TWO THOUSAND AND THIRTEEN

16:43 in the afternoon.

WATCHING TOBIO and his teammates utterly soar throughout Nationals was a splendid sight to see. Sora couldn't contain the pride that churned in his veins. He knew his other soulmates replicated the same feeling; he could feel it through their bond, and no doubt that emotion reached Tobio, whose face glazed over when he felt it thrum in his soul. Sora and the others sat together, watching match after match, jumping out of their seats and cheering until their throats hurt every time Karasuno enacted an impeccable serve, spike and block.

And when they lost against Kamomedai High, Sora and co were there to meet them. Hugs were given, congratulations were offered.

Sora saw how there were bonds shared between his soulmates and Tobio's team. Oikawa went to compliment Sugawara on his setting, Iwaizumi extended praises to Daichi and Asahi, Tanaka, too, Kindaichi and Kunimin went up to Tsukishima, giving him an encouraging grin and smile. Sora stayed behind. He waited until everyone was done.

Waited until the team left the court, said their thanks, cried their tears, expressed their gratitude and their future determinations.

Waited until Tobio scanned the crowd for him. Waited until those perfect sapphire eyes landed on him. He extended his arms. Tobio slipped into them like his missing puzzle piece. It was just a hug, but it felt like home.

Sora ran his fingers through his hair, and Tobio closed his eyes, breathing in his scent and memorising everything about him. The moment they touched, there wasn't enough distance in the world that could separate them.

Tobio's heart beat loudly in his ears, pumping adrenaline and anticipation, slowing down as the loss began to register in his head. He didn't mind it— didn't mind that they lost. Tobio and his team had poured blood, sweat and tears into this match. And he knew they would only grow stronger from here on out.

"Shall we go home?" he heard Sora whisper in his ears, his breath fanning his skin.

Home. That sounded right.

Tobio melted in his embrace. "Yeah."

With just that one reply, Sora had them gathering their things, bidding goodbye to their companions, and leaving the stadium. Ukai let him go with a proud slap on his back.

"Don't worry about us," he grinned. "Go relax. You deserve it."

Tobio smiled, though it was strained and filled with exhaustion. "Thank you."

━━━━ ♔ • ♛ • ♔ ━━━━

Entering his apartment, Sora and his soulmates stepped through the threshold, toed off their shoes and hung up their jackets. They seemed to work in unison with one another, extending helping hands without any questions. Kindaichi took care of their clothes. Kunimi crouched to untie Tobio's shoelaces. Oikawa picked up their shoes. Iwaizumi placed them along the shoe rack stationed to the side. Sora closed the door behind them and guided them into the open concept of his living room and kitchen.