053 | ugly christmas sweaters

isn't it strange? how people can change?
from strangers to friends, friends into lovers

isn't it strange? how people can change?from strangers to friends, friends into lovers

DECEMBER TWENTY FIFTH,
TWO THOUSAND AND TWELVE

9:38 in the morning

SIN FOR HIM. Fall to the depths of hell like Lucifer did. Shed your angel wings for him. Break your halo into two horns. And rule the blazing, dead underworld with a mighty fist. 

Twin cerulean jewels gazed to the side.

A holy being.

Not one feature made Tobio Kageyama so handsome, though his eyes came close.

Sapphire blue, a radiance shared only with the ocean. The breadth of water Sora hoped to one day swim to and from, continuous, never-ending. People often spoke of the colour of eyes as if that were of importance, yet Sora knew, deep down, that Tobio's eyes would be beautiful in any shade. From them stemmed an intensity, an honesty, a gentleness. What he was, what was beautiful about him, came from deep within, and it made Sora want to feel how his lips moved in a passionate kiss once more, to recall how blunt nails dug into his skin and bore scarlet marks along his toned, unblemished back.

Sora knew that as each year passed, the lines would deepen upon his face, and Tobio would be more handsome still, as if his soul shone through his skin, an effervescent glow.

He was the most beautiful thing Sora had ever felt. And Sora Suzuki was convinced Tobio Kageyama would remain the most beautiful thing he would ever feel.

Do you understand how limiting that is?

To think, at such a ripe, young age, Sora had experienced the most exhilarating person he would ever have the delight of meeting? And that he would spend the rest of his life simply settling down and accommodating to Tobio's needs and pleasures? To think that Sora had tasted the most natural, rawest form of sugar and everything else was just refined and synthetic? That nothing beyond this moment would add up? That all the years beyond him could not combine themselves to be sweeter than themthan Tobio, Akira, Tooru, Hajime and Yuutarou?

Disillusioned.

Deceived.

Angels like him can't fly down here.

Tobio gazed back.

Lips curled upwards. An aura of beauty, of kindness, of a pure, scared brilliance.

White tulipsforgive me for I have sinned; forgive me for being so in love; forgive me for falling too deep; forgive me for drowning in your bottomless, ocean-like eyes.

Forgive him for being him.

He has always been suspicious of others' feelings because he had no reason to love himselfnot his god-like body, not his destructive mind. He rejected so much gentleness. What has he been looking for?