CHAPTER FORTY ONE - piggy backs

a/n - please remember to vote! feel free to comment :)

after half an hour, conan parks on the side of a curb, behind another car. we get out, meeting on the sidewalk. starting to walk around, we walk into a mall. i look at olivia, who's looking around the place. i walk closer to her, intertwining our hands. weirdly, olivia's hands aren't holding mine. i look at our hands, basically seeing that i'm the one holding it. i look up at her, seeing her still looking around. i let go, placing my hands in my jacket pocket.

we walk around for a bit, not really finding anything. walking back outside, we hear murmuring behind us. whispers of olivia's name, soft squealing. olivia turns around since someone tapped her shoulder, making all of us turn around. we talk to the 3 teenage girls for a few minutes, before going to take the pictures. i bend my legs a little, smiling softly as olivia smiles next to me, conan and madison behind. they thank us and we walk away, walking to the beach.

i take my shoes off, holding them both in one hand as everyone does the same. we walk down the beach, sun setting. "oh no!" olivia says, and i look at her. she looks at her feet, which are now completely soaked from the water, ankles too. i chuckle as conan and madison laugh, madison whispering in conan's ear. they start to run off as olivia tries to dry her feet. i sigh, shaking my head with a smile as i walk over to olivia. i take my jumper off, handing it to her. "huh?" she says, confused. "you can dry your feet with it," i say, making olivia shake her head. "it's fine," she says blandly, starting to walk.

we reach the footpath where conan and madison are down in the distance, sitting on a bench as they talk. i put my shoes back on as olivia walks to the tap. "olivia, wipe your feet after." i say as olivia washes her feet with the public water tap. the tap automatically stops and i hang my jacket over my neck, walking over to the tap. i hold it down for olivia as i look around the place. "alright, i'm done." she says, standing up straight as i let go of the tap. i hand the coat to her and she shakes her head. "it'll dry, y/n." she says. "yeah, but then you'll either be walking around bare foot or with wet shoes." i state, making olivia shrug. "not really good options." she says and a smile forms on my face as i realize i have a clean towel in the back of my boot.

 "c'mon, i have a towel in the car." i say, not really convincing olivia. "how will i get there? there's probably glass everywhere, and i'm not getting your jacket wet." she says. i put my jacket back on and take olivia's shoes, holding it in one hand. i stand in front of her, opening my arms behind me. "jump on," i say, making olivia chuckle. her hands reach my shoulders, holding me for support as she jumps on my back. i smile, my hands going to her hamstrings. olivia's arms wrap around my neck, feeling her cheek press against mine as i start to walk. one of olivia's arms go for her back pocket, pulling her phone out as she puts it below my face. "just gonna get a towel, stay there" she types to conan, sending it. olivia swipes out of messages, going to camera as she takes a picture. she turns her phone off, connecting her arms again as i turn right. she keeps her face against mine and i feel her hot breathing on my cheek, smiling. "you're so extra," she says, chuckling. "says you, miss olivia." i say, chuckling too.

i unlock the car, opening the back seat doors as olivia sits on the edge of it, dangling her feet out. i open the boot of the car, getting out the towel as i walk back to olivia. "here," i say, handing it to her. she dries her feet, handing me back the towel. i take it, putting it back in the boot as olivia puts her shoes back on. i wait for liv as she puts her last shoe on, standing up as she closes the door. i lock the car door, putting the car keys in my back pocket. olivia's hands quickly go to my jaw, pulling me in as she leans on my car, kissing me. i smile as i kiss her back, hands wrapping around her waist.

we pull apart, olivia movies her head down as our foreheads touch. "thank you," she says softly. i give a small hum back, kissing her once more. i move back, seeing olivia chuckle as she looks to the right. i look in her direction as i give a slight wave to the paparazzi, making olivia laugh as she waves too. "they totally got that on video," i say, digging my head into olivia's shoulder as she laughs, wrapping her arms around me. "so what?" 

we start to walk back to conan and madison since the paparazzi seemingly disappeared. "it's chilly," i say,  adjusting my coat. "yeah, it's freezing," olivia comments, blowing into her cupped hands. i take one arm out of the right sleeve, moving closer to olivia as i wrap the half of the coat around olivia. it fits around olivia as she moves closer to me, bodies against each other as we walk.

i scroll on my laptop as olivia scrolls on my phone, head on my shoulder. coming across a video, i click on it. the paparazzi we saw was videoing us, olivia on my back with her arms wrapped around my neck. he must've filmed the last few seconds of it as we reach my car. thankfully, they blurred out the number plate. i open the car door as olivia sits in. i open the boot, taking out the towel. the view was about 100 feet away, the paparazzi keeping the camera on us. i put the towel back in the boot, locking the car door once she was out. olivia's hands block the contact as we kiss, paparazzi zooming in. olivia chuckles, turning off my phone. "it's nice to see it from someone else's point of view." she says. "yeah," i say, exiting the video.

______________________________________

⚪️oliviarodrigo

liked by conangray, naidevora and 645,238 others

oliviarodrigo   y/n just piggy backed me 10 minutes to the car bc my feet got wet from the beach i don't deserve her

view all 239,932 comments

oliviarodrigo   this was meant for my spam... 

y/n.l/n   this girl is so fussy

oliviarodrigo : y/n.l/n   yeah i love you too

user2   YALL SAW THE PAPARAZZI VIDEO RIGHT?!?!

user5   you guys are too cute :(

conangray   madison and i were waiting for you guys for so long

madisonhu : conangray   literally we were contemplating whether to ditch you guys or not

20 minutes ago

____________________________________

a/n - DID YALL SEE THAT OLIVIA WAS OFFICIALLY LISTED AS A GUEST STAR IN HSMTMTS IM HAPPY YET SAD :((