CHAPTER ELEVEN - the rehearsal

i wake up, olivia still sleeping, judging by the light snores and heavy breathing on my neck. i smile at the thought of last night, bringing me comfort. i take off one hand from olivia's waist and caress her cheek softly with my thumb. i admire her beauty, my thumb gliding smoothly on her skin. "good morning." liv says, after a few minutes. "good morning." i reply back. she rolls off of me and lays next to me, facing the ceiling and smiling. "good sleep?" i ask, laying on the side of my body, facing her. "best sleep i've ever had." she replies. "what time is it?" she asks, and i tap my phone, the time reading 10:07am. "10:07" i reply.

we eventually get out of bed and liv decides to cook us pancakes. i make the batter and liv insists on making them. she makes 6 rather large pancakes and we sit down and eat it. i wash the dishes and brush my teeth, sitting on the bed, waiting for liv to finish brushing her teeth too. i hear the bathroom door open and liv lays down in bed next to me. "we have practice today at 2:30 for the austin city limits performance in a week and a half." i look a the time. "it's almost 12, do you wanna go out for lunch? we have enough time." i ask. she nods her head and gets up to her wardrobe and eventually picks out an outfit. luckily, liv and i are similar sizes so she picks something out for me too, which is a crop top and jeans. we get changed and get in liv's car.

we end up choosing sushi for lunch, and we drive for about 15 minutes until we reach the sushi place. i open the restaurant door for her and a waitress comes to us. "table for 2, please." i saw and we're seating next to a window. olivia sits opposite me and we order what we want. we start to eat, but i take my phone out of my pocket and go to the camera app. "hey liv look up." she looks up at me, chopsticks in her right hand along with soup in the other. she gives me a wide smile and i take multiple pictures. i smile afterwards and put my phone down and eat.

after eating, i end up paying for the food and we head back into the car. "we'll get to the studio on time, the girls are already there." she says, starting up the car and reversing out of the carpark. "perfect." i say, pulling out my phone and going on instagram.

_____________________________________________________________

⚪️ y/n.l/n

 liked by conangray and 10,256 others

y/n.l/n lunch with my favorite :))

view all 3,897 comments

conangray my faves ever

username5 y/n and olivia supremacy!!

username8 finally y/n posts about liv we've been waiting!

_________________________________________________________________

i smile at the comments that are flooding in about liv and i, but i'm interrupted by olivia. "what're you smiling at?" she says, in a cheeky tone. "oh just wait till you go on instagram, then you'll see." i say, smiling out the window.

we arrive at the familiar studio, it feels like home here. we try to get at least 4 practices a week, this being out 4th as it's sunday. we greet sam and joel at the door, them guarding it as always. we enter and we see hayley and tiana, the new pianist, sitting on the couch waiting for us. "hey guys! took you long enough." hayley says, rolling her eyes sarcastically. "don't worry hayley, they were on their lunch date." tiana says, winking at both of us. liv looks at me before laughing sacastically. "ha ha ha, apparently i can't have lunch with a friend." liv says, reminding me what we are. "anyways, we're gonna perform all songs from sour at austin city limits music festival in a week and a half. ti, you practised the songs right?" i ask, tiana nodding her head. "got it down pat." "i smile at her and look at liv. "let's get started, shall we?" i say to her, while hayley gets on the drum kit and tiana on the piano. "very straight forward, y/n. i like it." liv says. we climb on top of the stage, it being almost taller than me. "god, they really need to add stairs to the side>"liv mumbles, before turning on her microphone. i turn on the amp for the guitar and we start off with traitor. ti starts us off, playing the piano part of it, liv starting to sing. "we broke up a month ago..."

"i hope you're happy, but don't be happier." liv finishes our last practise song. we practised every song twice, finishing on happier. i turn off the amp and take my water bottle on the stage and gulp it down, the cold liquid running down my throat. liv takes her water bottle next to mine and drinks it too. "do you think we're ready?" i ask. "yeah, we just need a few more practises to make sure we get it fully, don't wanna fuck up." she says, closing her water bottle. i nod and jump down from the stage before turning around to face liv, on the stage. "y'know, i still don't get how you do that, it's so high!" liv says, looking down. olivia always has to sit down to get off the stage, which i find adorable. "come on, i'll help you down." i say. i hold out both my hands and she takes them, before jumping down hesitantly. mid air i realise she jumped too far forward, running into me. our legs tangle and i fall backwards, hitting my head on the couch before landing in front of it. liv falls on top of me, landing with a groan. "you did not just make me fall." i said, rubbing my head. "nope, wasn't me. i guess someone must've pushed me from behind or something." "you were the only ones left on the stage!" i say, laughing. "olivia sooo did that on purpose." hayley says, leaning against the door frame, tiana behind her, laughing. "yes, i did it as a romantic gesture. i set y/n up so i could barge into her and make her hit her head on the couch." olivia says sarcastically, smiling at me. "still hurts, you know." i say, still rubbing my head. "yeah we should probably get you home and put frozen peas on it or something." liv says, laughing, and she gets off me and pulls me up.