CHAPTER FIVE - him

Olivia clears her throat and lifts her head off my shoulders, it feels like my shoulders so empty now. "I'll get it" she says, walking around the table and to the door. We're all silent, the anticipation was increasing in my pulse. Liv got to the door, unlocked it and opened it.

At the door, was a 5'11 figure, with brown curly hair. Joshua Bassett. He clears his throat, before speaking. "Hey Liv." he says, smiling at her. "Hey Josh, come in." Olivia says, standing out of the way from the door, letting Josh inside. He takes off his shoes and his eye scans the room, stopping at me. "So, you're the new guitarist, huh?" He says, looking me up and down. "Uh, yeah." I say. "Nice to meet you in person, I'm y/n." I say, smiling. "Nice to meet you too, I'm Joshua, but you can call me Josh." He turns his head back to Olivia, who's standing a little behind him. "Can we talk," he says, looking at the girls and I, before back at Olivia, "in private?" He finishes the sentence. "Yeah, sure." Liv says, and they go into a room.

While Liv and Josh talk, the girls and I have our own chats. "So, do you guys get stage fright? That's the one thing I'm nervous about." I ask. "It was scary at first, but once you have a few goes at performing live, it becomes more fun than scary." the pianist says. (lets make her name steph). After some small talk, we hear muffled shouting, and we fall silent. Joshua comes out of the room and walks out the door, slamming it behind him. I look at the girls, shocked. They have a disappointed expression. "Does this happen a lot?" I ask. They nod their head yes. "More than we'd like." Hayley says, putting her head down. "I'm gonna go check if Liv is okay." I say, standing up and walking to the door that Josh and Liv entered. I knock on the door softly.

I hear sniffling, as if Olivia's crying. I open the door, and see her on the edge of the bed, quickly wiping her tears away. I close the door behind me gently before walking to her. I choose not to say anything, I'd rather people who have something going on tell me first, not me forcing them to tell me. I sit next to her, and she puts her head on my right shoulder. I wrap my arms around her shoulder, my hand dangling off. "I'll be here if you need me, I know we just met so you don't have to tell me anything just yet." I say, leaning my head against hers. "I can get the girls to come in if you're more comfortable with them." You say, looking at her. Liv sniffles, before speaking. "No it's okay, I want you here." She says, and your heart feels a burst of warmth. I take my arm off her shoulder and wrap it around her waist, pulling her into a hug, which she returns by kneeling on the bed and wrapping her arms around my neck.

"He was just being a dick, making everything about himself." She says, still having her arms wrapped around my neck. "Like he always does." She finishes her sentence off, and sighs. "Do you wanna tell me more?" I ask, not trying to be pushy. She unwraps her arms and we sit cross legged on the bed, knees touching.

"We're dating. Well, we're as in past tense, we broke up literally 5 minutes ago. He told me he likes this other girl, Sabrina Carpenter. He was telling me all the things he loves about her, making me feel like shit. He said that I'm his second choice, her being his first." She says, some tears falling down her face. "Oh Liv" i say, pulling her into another hug. "I need to you know that he's not good enough for you. You don't deserve him, you can do so much better." i say, rubbing her back.

We talk for another 15 minutes, when the door opens. Hayley and Steph appear, with a comforting smile. "We were gonna go home now, if that's okay." Hayley says, walking up to Olivia and pulling her into a hug, Steph doing the same. They say goodbye and Liv walks them to the door, coming back into her room, looking slightly happier, but still sad. "Your room looks nice" I say, looking around. Her bed is a light wooden frame, matching her bedside tables on both sides and her table. "You don't have to compliment everything, y/l/n (your last name)." she says, sitting next to me. "i know, but it really is nice, rodrigo." "well, thank you." she accepts. there's an awkward silence for a few seconds, when i get a ding from my phone. i take it out, showing a message from Nai.

________________________________________________________

where are you? it's almost midnight!

coming home now, sorry! hanging out with

the girls

_________________________________________________________

"i should get going, nai's wondering where i am." i say, looking at liv. "will you be okay? i don't have to go if you don't want me to." "no no, it's okay. i can drive you home." she says and we walk to her car.

she reaches nai's house, and stops in the driveway. "thank you for driving me home, text me when you're home safe." i say, pulling liv into a hug. "Of course, thank you for staying with me when i needed it." i open the door and smile at liv, closing it shut and she waits for someone to answer the door. nai opens the door and pulls me in. i see liv's car driving away. "tell. me. weverything." nai says, pulling me into her bedroom.