CHAPTER TWENTY NINE - heart filter

a/n - please remember to vote! comment your thoughts if you want :) enjoy! chapter's very comforting to me

we walk inside my house and i close the door behind olivia, locking it. "where's your mom?" olivia asks, looking around. "out somewhere i think," i say, holding olivia's hand as i guide her upstairs. i open my bedroom door, letting olivia in first as she looks around. "milo!" she exclaims, jogging to him as he lays on my bed. she pets him for a few minutes, baby talking to him. "i missed you so much!" she says in a high pitched voice, smiling as i turn around and watch her. he jumps down after a few seconds, laying on his bed on the floor. i sit on the end of my bed, watching olivia stand up as she does a strum on my acoustic guitar on the stand. she moves away from the stand, and something catches her eye as she walks to it, taking something off a little hook on the side of a shelf.

she turns to me, smile curving onto her lips. "you still have this?" she says, showing me the guitar strap olivia signed. "uh, yeah." i say, as olivia reads what she wrote on the guitar strap, smiling. "where's your guitar? the one you use on stage?" olivia asks, looking at me. "it's over here..." i say, standing up. i go to my guitar, unbuckling it out of the case. i hand the guitar to olivia and she takes it with the other hand, putting it on the bed, dropping the guitar strap on the bed next to it. she takes off the old guitar strap, placing it on the bed. "now this..." she says to herself, putting the new one on. "good as new," olivia says, looking up at me. i smile, getting the other guitar strap. "didn't really like this one... felt off." i say, placing it on the hook. olivia puts the guitar strap over her neck, playing a chord. "wait, liv." i say, getting the cable from the amp beside me as i plug it into the guitar.

i kneel on the floor opposite olivia as i watch her play what i taught her. "it's this one here," i say, leaning forward to move olivia's pointer finger a fret up. after about an hour, olivia finally manages to get the part of a small guitar song. "you got it now!" i congratulate, standing up. "finally... only took me an hour!" olivia says, and we both laugh. "my fingers are so numb," she says, facing her hand to me to show me her fingers. "you get used to it," i say, holding her wrist as i kiss her fingers, making her smile.

olivia lays on my chest as i scroll on my phone, her watching. i tap on a twitter tweet that has 298k likes with 4k comments, reading it. "olivia and y/n spotted going out for dinner!" the tweet said, and i click on the video. it starts from olivia stopping in the middle of the road, and i see her lips read 'fuck this'. i smile, watching the video from a different point of view from mine. the video ends after we both get out of the car, the camera view going down at the ground before it stops. i scroll to the comments, reading them. "IS Y/N TEACHING OLIVIA HOW TO PARALLEL PARK HAHAHA" "are you guys seeing the look that y/n gave olivia at 0:21 seconds? she's so in love with her i hope they're still together" "Y/NLIVIA CONTENT FINALLY HOLY SHIT" "i hope olivia finally knows how to parallel park after y/n taught her bc that was too cute" "can we talk abt how perfect that parallel park was?" i stop reading the comments, tapping out of the tweet with a smile.

i go to the instagram camera, getting olivia and i in the frame. olivia pulls a face, and i take the photo.

i tap the text, typing on the screen "taught olivia how to parallel park what else is there to do in life?" olivia laughs at my text, and i post it to my story

i tap the text, typing on the screen "taught olivia how to parallel park what else is there to do in life?" olivia laughs at my text, and i post it to my story. "hey, wanna go live?" olivia asks, turning on her phone. "yeah, sure." i say, turning my phone off as olivia goes on instagram. "okay..." she mumbles to herself, tapping things to make her go to the live button. she taps it, and we wait for people to join, hundreds of thousands of people join seconds later as the chats flood with comments. olivia shifts her body, getting more comfortable on my collarbone as she adjusts the phone to get both of us in as we read the comments. "hey guys!" olivia says, smiling, making me smile too as i wave softly with my other hand. "how are your guys' nights? or day?" olivia asks as i read the comments, replying to olivia's questions. "did y/n actually teach olivia how to parallel park?" olivia reads a question, both of us laughing. "i did, not even joking." i answer the question.

i read a question in my head, before reading it out loud. "what's your wallpaper y/n, we saw a really blurry photo of it when the paparazzi was filming you two i was wondering what it was," i read, smiling as i pick up my phone. "it's a picture of livie," i say, showing olivia's camera my wallpaper, "eating a doughnut!" i exclaim, making olivia chuckle. "it's a really unusual photo for her to pick, i don't know why she picked it," olivia says, lowering my hand to see the photo again.

olivia tries to get to the filters, but she accidentally flips the camera, showing my room. "AH!" olivia yells, panicking to flip the camera back, doing it a few seconds after. "almost a million people just saw my room," i joke, and olivia giggles. "i was trying to get to the filters." she says, and taps the filter icon. she swipes, and we laugh at funny ones as she swipes through them. "we just face-timed shrek!" olivia says and we both laugh. "what are these filters, olivia? and why do you have them saved!" i say, laughing as i see her funny choice in filters. "because they're funny!" she says, stopping on one. the filter changes to a pink heart, surrounding the both of us coincidentally. "so cute," i say, reading the comments. olivia moves up to my cheek, planting her lips on it as she leaves it there, closing her eyes. i smile, seeing the comments scrolling so fast i can't read them. "take your screenshots everybody!" i joke, and olivia laughs, pulling her lips away from my cheeks. "wanna hold my phone? my arm's getting sore." olivia says, and i take her phone, adjusting it in my hand as she shakes her arm lightly. "could've told me sooner, your arm wouldn't have hurt," i say, reading the comments.

"we're all in this together..." i mumble to high school musical, olivia gasping. "we should watch all 3 movies tonight!" she says, looking up at me. "okay, let's do it!" i say looking down to olivia , and olivia smiles at me. "okay, we're gonna end this live here because we're gonna watch high school musical." olivia says. "thanks for hanging with us!" i say, and i hand olivia the phone. "okay, bye! thanks for coming, have an amazing day or night!" she says, ending the live.