CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT - sour prom finished

a/n - please remember to vote! enjoy this chapter, comment if you want :)

olivia's pov

i smile as i see y/n talking to conan, madison and lyida, still admiring her dress. she wore a dark red dress, split in the middle, suiting her perfectly. her guitar strap hung from the back of her neck as she holds the guitar playing them something i can't hear as conan sings dramatically, madion and lydia giggling. i turn back to after a few minutes of touching up my makeup and making sure all the equipment was working, we were ready to shoot the first scene of the day- but first, photoshoot. 

multiple cameras were out, most were for filming while one or 2 were for the bts video. i carefully sit on the boot of the white limousine, posing for the camera. we take photos for about 20 minutes, and it was time for the filming.

y/n's pov

conan, madison, lydia and i sit on the grass as i put my guitar in the case, watching olivia as she practises walking into the limo. olivia then walks to the house, closing the door as the camrea aims at the door. after a few seconds, olivia opens the door, looking out. she walks to the limo, and steve berman opens the door for olivia as she gets in.

i look around and see they moved the limo inside a building, surrounded by green screen. "this is your moment to shine, y/n! good luck!" madison says. i smile, looking at her as she takes a seat next to conan and lydia. i hold my guitar as olivia walks up to me, smiling. "you ready?" she asks, squealing as her eyebrows raise. "of course, thank you for letting me do this with you." i thank, smiling back at olivia. "i wouldn't wanna do it with anyone else." she replies, and i get into the limo.

i sit on the opposite of olivia, and i look around the limo, smiling. it was filled with balloons on the seats, and paper butterflies hanging from a string. olivia holds a mic in one hand getting in. i plus the guitar cord into the guitar as it follows through the seats, outside as it connects to the audio. after a few minutes of setting everything up with the camera between us, we were given the okay to start. i start to play and olivia rests her feet on the little platform separating us, starting to sing as she closes her eyes. "we broke up a month ago..." she starts. i try to not get distracted by how pretty olivia looked, paying attention to my guitar playing.

as deja vu plays on the radio, olivia lays down across the seats, closing her eyes once more. "and i hope... you're... happy, just not... like how... you were with me," she sings, sitting up again. "that was the show we talked about, played you the song she's singing now when she's with you..." she sings with her heart. she looks into the camera, singing her voice lower. "do you get deja vu?" she sings, looking directly into the camera.

olivia collides into me as the guitar was rotated to my back as we wrap the deja vu/happier mashup. her hands slide under my guitar, hugging me and i smile widely, hugging her back. "that was amazing!" she exclaims, still hugging me. "you were amazing!" i compliment. "no, you were amazing! you did so good, baby!" she says, letting go of the hug.

i watch as conan and madison stay where they've been allocated to for 'brutal', waiting for olivia. the camera starts rolling as it follows olivia, and lydia smiles at me. i smile back, and olivia reaches us. she reaches for lydia's hands giving it a soft squeeze as she moves a little forward to me. she smiles as she wraps her arms around my neck, and we lock eye contact. her gaze breaks, and her eyes shift to my lips. she stares at them for what seems like forever, but then they divert to my cheek, giving me a soft kiss there, then the nose as she unwraps her arms. that wasn't planned. she continues walking as the camera follows her, hearing the director yell cut.

"i think a lot of people have had a bad experience at prom... a lot of people are judgemental on what people think of them, causing them to be very self aware in what they wear. but sour prom really lets everyone be who they wanna be, which can highlight all the good things that we would all hope that prom would be." i say, confident in my words. "anything else you want to add?" a person says to me behind the camera. "uh..." i say, thinking of anything to say. "i'm really glad olivia decided to do this. i speak for everyone when i say livie's one of the most thoughtful people ever to exist, and i'm really glad i got to be on this journey with her." i say, smiling as the cameras stop.

we all put our heads together as we look at olivia's phone. she takes the photo as she sticks her tongue the side and we all stand up again. we take photos for about an hour and as it was almost 1am, conan, madison and lydia decide to go home. we say our goodbyes and olivia turns to me, rubbing her hands together. "last photoshoot, then everything's done!" she says, smiling as we walk into the warm building. i sit on the couch as olivia gets into an outfit she tried on before, getting reading for the sour prom photoshoot. a bouquet of flowers are handed to her as she makeup artists make mascara running down her cheeks, tiara on her head. my eyelids get heavy as i try focus on olivia, failing as i fall asleep on the couch.

"y/n, we can go now." olivia says, shaking my shoulder gently. i wake up, standing up slowly. "what time is it?" i ask, stretching. "um, almost 2:30am." she says. i chuckle, and we say goodbye to everyone. "want me to drive?" she asks. "no, it's okay i can." i say. "but you just fell asleep, i don't want you falling asleep as you drive." she says. "okay... here." i say, handing her the car keys.

i recline my seat back as olivia starts to drive home. closing my eyes, olivia's hand interlaces with mine, giving a small squeeze. i squeeze her hand back, falling asleep with olivia's music playing quietly, the songn being 'enchanted' by taylor swift. "and it was... enchanting to meet you." olivia sings quietly. "all i can is i was... enchanted to meet you."

i flop into olivia's bed as i finally finish packing to go home, olivia rushing to lay on top of me. i chuckle, wrapping my arms around liv's waist under the blanket.