CHAPTER TWO - the message

i wake up to my shoulder aching. of course, Nai fell asleep on it, like she always does. Somehow, the position swapped around while we fell asleep. I tap my phone and to see the time read '9:02' and an Instagram DM. I carefully sit up, resting Nai's head back on her pillow. I take a deep sigh, rub my eyes to get used to the brightness, and unlock my phone to the Instagram DM.

________________________________________________________________________________

Olivia Rodrigo

___________________

hey olivia, i just saw your post about needing a new guitarist and i'm totally down for it! i'll send
you a couple links of what i can play :)
*2 links*

no way!! you're the perfect fit! thank you so much for replying :)

 we're rehearsing today, if you wanna swing by

 i'll get my manager to send you a text

________________________________________________________________________________

no way. i refuse to believe this. i rub my eyes again, my arm hairs standing up.the text is still there. Olivia Rodrigo DM'ed me back. "NAI! WAKE UP!" i rapidly shake Nai's shoulder, causing her to jolt up. "WHAT'S WRONG?!" she looks at me like she's seen a ghost. I show her Olivias text and she looks at me in disbelief. "no. fucking. way." she exclaims, forming a wide smile. "yes way!!" i yell, excitedly. "what're you waiting for? text her your number!!" i smile and type my phone number to her.

________________________________________________________________________________

**** *** ***

thank you so much!! i won't let you down :)

no worries! excited to see you there y/n 

________________________________________________________________________________

i like her message, shocked to see her say - well, spell - my name. Nai looks over my shoulders and laughs. "still can't believe it!" i agree with her and laugh too. "well what're you waiting for? get dressed! you have like an hour and a half!" she pulls me up, practically dragging me to the wardrobe.

i eventually pick out an outfit, consisting of a baseball jacket, black high waist wide jeans, a cropped white shirt underneath the jacket and brown jordan air force 1's. "you look perfect! now time for your makeup." Nai says,  pulling me to her makeup desk. After what feels like forever, she's finally done. i look in the mirror, pleased. black eyeliner, curled eyelashes have mascara on them and lip gloss. subtle, but nice. I turn on my phone. '10:02'. i open messages and see a DM from liv's management, sending me the address, which is about 20 minutes from Nai's house. I tell Nai we can go, she locks her doors and unlocks her car doors. I sit in the passenger seat and take a deep breath. I buckle up and Nai starts to drive, listening to Taylor Swift. 20 minutes later, we arrive at what looks like a studio, small but pleasing to the eye on the outside. I step out of the car and close the door. This is it. This is where I'm meeting Olivia Rodrigo.

a/n - sorry i haven't updated in a while kinda forgot about this lol, will try to be more consistent if i can.