CHAPTER THIRTY TWO - sour prom

a/n - please remember to vote! comments give me serotonin :)

i open the door for olivia as she holds her high heels, wearing her comfortable shoes. "thank you," she says as always, getting in. "legs in!" i say, closing the door shortly after. i walk to the other side, getting in as i start up the car.

olivia tells me the address, and i put it in on the touch screen in the middle."you nervous?" i ask, driving out of the curb. "mostly excited," she replies. i look down for a second, placing my hand on top of olivia's as i drive with the other.

"wait so what songs are you doing today?" i ask, turning right. "enough for you, driver's license, good 4 u, and the rest next week." olivia lists, connecting her phone to my car. "busy girl," i say, making olivia laugh as she plays a song from her playlist.

we get to the place, parking in the car park. we get out, and i walk next to olivia. her hand abruptly grabs my arm and i look at her quickly, placing my hand on her waist furthest away from me as she almost trips. "you okay?" i laugh, stopping as olivia laughs. "yeah, i'm good," she says, and i look down, seeing her left shoe lace untied. "no wonder why..." i say, crouching down as i tie her shoe laces. "thank you," she chuckles, and i tie her shoe laces standing back up.

i look at the photographs hung up on a line, smiling as i see some of olivia and i. "pretty isn't it?" i hear olivia say as she stands next to me. "agreed, it's really cute. did you pick them?" i ask. "yeah, i basically added all the photos of us." olivia says, chuckling. eventually, i sit on the couch behind all the cameras and microphones, my acoustic guitar across olivia's lap. she starts to play 'enough for you' on the guitar, doing a few takes before she perfects it.

 after hours and hours of everyone learning the choreography and many takes of the song, it was now 2am. i smile as olivia starts to perform good 4 u, the performance being rather loud. "she's a natural at this!" conan says beside me. "yeah, you should've seen her perform enough for you, it took her 2 takes." i say, watching olivia. "blame the traffic y/n, not us." iris says. "wait, i'll be back!" i say, running off to my car. "where the hell are you going!" madison yells. "i'll be back!" i yell, continuing to run.

i put in the gps the closest flower shop, starting to drive. "c'mon, 10 minutes." i mumble to myself.

olivia's pov

i look around for y/n, only seeing iris, madison and conan. "that was so good liv!" conan, iris and madison congratulations. "thanks guys! where's y/n?" i ask. "she went somewhere, no idea where." madison says. i furrow my eyebrows, wondering why y/n left in such a hurry.

y/n's pov

surprisingly, i found a flower shop that was open. getting the bouquet of flowers, i call iris as i see a milk tea shop down the street. "any of you guys want milk tea?" i ask, iris talking to conan and madison. "yeah, please. i'll text you the orders, olivia's performing driver's license now i can't ask her." she says. "it's cool, i know her order. i'll be back soon." i say, hanging up.

i drive back to the place, the bag of milk tea and the bouquet of flowers on the passenger seat. getting out of the car, i jog to the other side, getting out the bouquets in one hand, holding the plastic bag of milk tea in my other hand. 

i run into the track field at USC, hearing olivia's good 4 u performance just end. "hey... guys." i say, out of breath as i bend down. conan, iris and madison laugh, and i stand up straight, taking out each order and giving it, them giving thank you's. i see fans it looks like on the bleachers, squealing. i wave, smiling. "were they for the music video?" i ask. "yeah, they got here when you left." madison says. i spot olivia walking towards us, with her head down, looking at the grass. i smile, jogging to her. "liv!" i exclaim, making olivia look up. i move the bouquet of flowers in my hand towards her, smiling. "these are for you." i say, making olivia gasp. "y/n! these are so pretty!" she says, taking them. "is that where you went? to get me flowers?" she asks, smiling. "yeah, and i got you this too..." i say, opening the bag and taking out olivia's matcha tea. "you know my order?!" she asks. "yeah, you get it pretty often," i say, making olivia chuckle as i hand it to her with the straw. "thank you, baby." she says, wrapping her arms around me, still holding the flowers and the drink. "of course, congratulations!" i say, hugging her back tightly as i rock us side to side. i hear people cheer loudly and i look up, flustered as i remember the fans are here. we pull away, olivia standing next to me. "someone definitely got that on video, they're 100 percent gonna post that everywhere." she says, laughing. i laugh too, taking out my drink. "i wouldn't mind it," i comment.

iris, conan and madison split ways with olivia and i, heading into their own cars to get back home. "thank you for everything, y/n. you're the best ever." olivia says, hugging me around my waist tight. i hug her back, kissing her neck lightly. "you did amazing today, i'm excited to see the results!" i say, and we pull away as i place my guitar on the back seats. "thanks, still got heaps to go though. and you mean yesterday, right? it's like almost 3 now" olivia says, getting in the car as she we laugh.

i park in the underground parking lot, olivia unbuckling her seatbelt as she yawns. i check the time, getting out of the car. "almost 4am, jesus christ." i say, olivia chuckling as she leans into me, walking into the building to go to olivia's apartment. once we're in, olivia then places the bouquet of flowers in a vase, holding it up towards me. "it looks so good!" i say, olivia smiling as she places it on the counter.

we get ready for bed, and olivia lays next to me after turning off her light, closing her eyes to sleep. i pull the blanket over her, kissing her forehead as she smiles slightly. "goodnight, my love." i whisper. "goodnight, baby." olivia whispers back, laying a little on top of me, resting her hand on my chest.