CHAPTER THIRTY SIX - bracelets

a/n - please remember to vote! enjoy the story and comment if you want :)

i pull the car up to gracie's apartment block, stopping the car on the curb. "alright..." i say, unbuckling my seatbelt. "i'll walk you in," i continue, getting out of the car. "i'll stay here, way too cold outside." olivia comments, and i smile, nodding. "yeah, 'kay." i say, gracie unbuckling her seatbelt. "bye olivia, thank you for tonight." gracie says as olivia turns around to gracie. "of course, hope you had fun. see you later for rehearsal?" olivia asks. "yeah, just text me whenever. thanks, liv" gracie thanks again, getting out of the car. we wait for the cars to pass, and we walk to the other side of the road, in front of gracie's apartment building.

walking inside, we stop at the elevator. "you don't have to go all the way up," gracie says. "you sure? i can if you want," i suggest, looking around. "no, it's okay, this is good. thanks for driving me home and coming in, y/n." gracie says, smiling. "i had fun today, i missed hanging out with you." gracie says. "yeah, i missed you too." i respond. we embrace in a hug for about 6 seconds, letting go. gracie presses the elevator button and i wait for the elevator to come down, the door opening. "text me when you're in your apartment, okay? that's even if you still have my number," i say, chuckling. "yeah, of course i still have your number!" gracie says, laughing too as she walks into the elevator. "see you later," i say, smiling as the door closes. "bye!" she says, the door shutting closed. 

i open the car door, getting in as i close the door, turning on the heater. i look over at olivia, seeing her facing me on the side as her seat's reclined, eyes closed. i turn down the radio, starting up the car. i tap the gps on the touch screen of the car, starting to drive back to olivia's apartment via the gps route. i get the message from gracie, saying she arrived in her apartment, deciding to respond once i'm at olivia's.

olivia wake up 2 minutes until we reach her apartment, rubbing her eyes as she turns her body to lay on her back, watching the road. i don't say anything, turning right. i park in the carpark, turning off the engine as the car lights turn on.

i play the guitar as olivia sits at her desk across from the bed, writing songs. olivia gives a frustrated sigh, running her hands through her hair after dropping her pen on the table. "y/n can you just... stop playing the guitar for a second? i can't think." she says, not turning around. "uh... yeah, sure." i say, placing the guitar back on the stand. she picks up her pen again, leaning her head on the palm of her hands. i watch her as she writes some things down in silence, picking up my phone instead, turning the volume down. 

i see a tiktok of a familiar face, realising it's the worker from the laser tag place. "working when olivia rodrigo and her friends go to play laser tag" the text read out loud. when the music beat drops, the pictures are shown. i pause the video, looking at everyone's face. my lips are pressed against olivia's as she smiles, doing a peace sign. i look at the comments, reading them. "y/n kissing olivia's cheek omg" "what were the teams?"  the worker replied to the teams comment. "y/n, conan and iris verses olivia, madison and gracie!"  i read the other comments."i just wanna know who won💔" a comment said, the worker replying. "y/n did! she was first, and her team won overrall." 

after about an hour of mindlessly scrolling on my phone, the time was 9pm. olivia stands up from her seat, causing me to look up from my phone. she closes her book, putting her pen back in the pen holder cup. "olivia..." i call as she turns around to walk to the bed, avoiding eye contact. "are you okay?" i ask as she sits at the end of the bed, back turned to me. "mhm," she hums unconvincingly. "it doesn't sound like you a-" "just- don't worry about it." she says. i kneel on the bed, moving over to olivia as i wrap my arms around her neck from behind. "what's wrong?" i whisper, lightly kissing her neck as i wait for her response. she leans her head back onto my shoulder as she closes her eyes in relaxation. "just stressed, sorry." she whispers back. "from what?" "just... everything. sour prom, tour, finding other people to open for the tour." she says, leaning her head off me as i stop kissing her neck. "just, relax. you'll figure this all out, you could've got me to help with this stuff,"  i say, massaging her shoulders.  "yeah..." she mumbles. "how about we go somewhere?" i suggest. "where?" "the mall?" i suggest, and olivia turns around, smiling.

we walk into the mall, seeing every store still open. "where to first?" i ask liv, who looks around the mall beside me. "can we check out the clothes store here?" olivia asks. "yeah, i'll follow wherever you go." i say. we walk into a clothes store as olivia and i browse through anything we like, walking out with literally nothing.

olivia and i walk into a jewelry store, looking at... well, jewelry. "y/n?" olivia says. i look over at her, walking to her as i look at what she's looking at. "yeah?" i say, olivia pointing at a bracelet laid on the table, separated by a glass frame. "do you wanna match bracelets?" olivia asks, smiling as she looks at me. "of course, this one?" i say, pointing to the bracelet. "yeah, this one." she says. the worker takes out the bracelet, showing us. i smile at the bracelet, agreeing on buying it.

(this is it, it's an anklet but pretend it's a bracelet LMAO sorry if you don't like it i searched for like 20 minutes </3 )

"olivia i can pay!" we slightly argue quietly. "no, i offered on buying it." olivia says, tapping her phone on the eftpos machine. why didn't i think of that first? i groan, making olivia laugh as she says thanks. she grabs my hand, holding the bag with the other as we walk out of the store. i follow her to the side of the store, leaning against the wall as olivia stands in front of me, letting go of my hand as she opens the bag, taking out one of the fancy boxes. i take out omy phone, going to the bank app. i tap olivia's name, transferring her $400 for the bracelet. i turn my phone off after pressing transfer, hearing olivia's phone vibrate. her eyes are focused on opening the clasp of the bracelet, so she doesn't bother getting her phone.

after a few seconds, she unclasps it, looking up at me. "your wrist, please." she says, and i move my wrist to her. she puts the bracelet over my waist, clasping it together. i wiggle my arm around, the fit being perfect. "there we go!" olivia says, smiling. she gets out the other one, taking it out of the box. i softly get the bracelet as olivia rolls up her sleeve, giving me her wrist. i clasp her bracelet on and she smiles, taking out her phone. her eyebrows furrow as she reads a notification, looking at me. "y/n!" she exclaims, hitting the side of my shoulder. i laugh, and she taps on the notification. "i'm transferring the money back," she says, but i grab her phone to stop her. "if you do, i'll just transfer it back. keep it!" i say, making olivia give up.

she brings her phone above our wrists, taking the picture. she types a few things, seeing her put a purple heart, tagging my username as she posts it on her story. "it's really cute, isn't it?" olivia says, putting her phone away. "yeah, it is. you have a good taste in jewlry!" i say, and olivia laughs, linking arms with me as we walk around the mall for another hour or so.