CHAPTER EIGHT - the lunch

we get into my car, me being in the drivers seat this time. liv gets in the passenger seat and buckles up, as do i. i start the car up, and start to drive out of liv's driveway. i turn on the radio, and to our surprise, it's liv's song, traitor. we both look at each other, wide eyes and smiling. "and ain't it funny, how you ran to her, the second that we called it quits?" the song plays, liv turning a knob to turn it up more. she pulls out her phone from the corner of my eye and goes to the camera app and presses record. "YOU BETRAYYYEDDD ME! AND I KNOW THAT YOU'LL NEVER FEEEEL SOOOOORRRYYYY," liv sings along to her song, making me laugh. she turns the camera to me but her still slightly in frame as we stop a red light, still videoing. "FOR THE WAY I HURT YEEEAHHH YOU TALKED TO HER" i sing my heart out too, matching her energy as she bops her head to the beat and i see her laughing. ""WHEN WE WERE TOGETHERRRR LOVED YOU AT YOUR WORST, BUT THAT DIDN'T MATTERRRR!" we both sang together in unison. she giggles and hits stop, stopping the recording. "that was so cute. that was the first time i heard traitor on the radio! soooo crazy." she says, pulling out the 'o' in so. i laugh and nod my head, eyes focused on the road as the light turns green.

we arrive at the place liv took us, or should i say her GPS. she says its the best food place in LA, and i'll take her word for it. i park the car and get out, quickly running to the other side to open livs door before she could. i open the door and gesture my hand like a chauffeur opening an a-list celebrity's door to the red carpet or something. she laughs and gets out of the car. "thank you, madam." she says, in a posh accent. "no problem, miss." i say back, smiling. i put my mask on and so does she and i lock the car and we head into a small but homey restaurant.

i open the door for us and she walks in first, and she politely smiles at me, her eyes showing the emotion as i can't see her mouth. i walk in and am flooded with the smell of delicious pizza. "a table for 4, please." olivia tells the waiter and we're guided to a booth, similar to liv's table in her house, only bigger, enough to fit 4 people on each side of the opposing couches. i sit down first, liv sitting next to my right on the same couch. "who else is coming?" i ask, curiously. "oh shit! i forgot to tell you!" liv says, turning to me with eyes wide open, her hand on my right shoulder. "my best friends conan gray and iris patow are coming for lunch! i'm so sorry i didn't tell you i forgot! is it okay if they come?" she asks. i reassure her. "it's okay liv, it's totally okay with me. you have nothing to worry about! plus, i know who they are, i follow them on instagram!" her shoulders drop down in relief. "why're you so panicked, olivia?" i ask. "it's just that," she stops for a second, sighing. "josh just used to get angry at me if i forgot to tell him people would be joining us to do something, even if it was my closest friends, conan and iris." i furrow my eyebrows, pulling her into a big hug. "it's okay liv, i'm not like that, i promise." i say, wrapping my arms tighter and her body, her arms wrapping around me almost tighter. i pull away after hearing a door open. i see conan and iris come in and their eyes stop at us and they rush over. liv gets up and hugs conan then iris, me getting up too, giving them both a polite hug then sitting down again, liv sitting next to me. "conan and iris, this is my friend y/n!" liv introduces me and i smile at them "hi y/n! liv's told us so much about you." conan says. we have a small conversation until a waitress comes to our table.

we order pizzas, a hawaiian pizza and a meatlovers, some garlic bread too. we order drinks and conan and i get a fanta, while iris and liv get coke. conan and iris start to talk about movies, and liv turns to me. "y'know, this is a lot better than you practically ignoring me every time we rehearse." liv says, a slight chuckle. i smile and nod my head looking into her eyes. her brown eyes were so easy to get lost into, you'd be amazed how many times i have to force myself to look away. the waitress come and hands the 2 pizzas, drinks and garlic bread. i hand out everyone's drink and we grab a slice of pizza. i expected the pizzas to be quite small, but they were pretty big. i mean, bigger than i expected. while taking a bit of my meatlovers pizza, i feel someone hit the side of my right shoe. i look at liv and we tries to hide her smile by taking another bite. i hit her shoe back and take a bite of my pizza. "hey! that was so hard!" liv says, grabbing conan and iris' attention. "what're you guys doing under the table!" iris says, raising her eyebrow and conan laughs. my cheeks turn red and i look away. "y/n hit my leg under the table, it's not what you think. just because i'm bi doesn't mean everything's sexual with a girl, guys!" liv says, and conan and iris just laugh.

we end up finishing everything and decide to take photos. we end up taking photos for the next 10 minutes, and liv posts one on her feed from when you started eating and tags you, conan and iris.

________________________________________________________

⚪️oliviarodrigo

liked by irisapatow and 720,389 others

oliviarodrigo my loves <3

view all 25,980 comments

username2 oh my god is that y/n?! shes so pretty!

username5 STOPP Y/N IS SO PRETTY!

username8 conan looks so done LMFAO

15 minutes ago

(pretend madison and iris switched and you're madison and they're eating pizza)

we eventually all split the bill even though it was fairly cheap and head out to the parking lot. "so, who wants some ice-cream?" conan says.

a/n: i really liked this chapter as it's very pure, sorry for not posting for a bit, hope you enjoyed!! :) remember to vote if you want <3